Digitlized Records in C. R.

  • Marie Neuman Gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013

      Dear Group,

      I attended Dr. Mirek Koudelka’s presentation in Caldwell on Saturday that was about how to use the digitalized online records.  I do know that Internet Explorer doesn’t work well with these websites, so I am using Firefox.

      I am concentrating on the http://vychodoceskearchivy.cz/zamrsk/matriky records for North East Bohemia (my village is Horni Hermanice).  I cannot get the page to operate like the way he showed us.  I cannot get to a book icon to open up any records.

      I had a similar situation happen with a German online archives.  The person I was corresponding with in Baden was able to send me copies of online records, but when I went to the same site, I could not navigate it the way he did.

      Am I missing some vital steps or do these websites work differently in Europe than here in the U.S.A.?

      Lastly, the L.D.S. church has put digitalized records from Zamrsk on its www.familysearch.org site.  The webpage for the Zamrsk archives also gives a link to www.familysearch.org.  I assume that whatever records I am trying to find online from the Zamrsk site are the same as those on the www.familysearch.org site, so I am stressing over nothing.  The LDS site is much easier to navigate.

      My question:  If I only use the www.familysearch.org site, am I missing out on other digitalized records at the http://vychodoceskearchivy.cz/zamrsk/matriky site?   Is it worth my time to try and figure out navigating the Zamrsk site?

      Mirek also told us that the Zamrsk archives have only digitalized 42% of the records, and the records are to be completed in 2015.  However, the digitalization has stalled due to lack of funds.

      Truly,

      Marie Neuman Gray

    • tonkawakan@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013
        Marie,

        Thanks for the info. My grandfather was from Horni Hermanice, as well as his three brothers & parents.  Surnames are: Mach, Cenik/Cink, & Sembera.

        Cheryl Mach

        Lastly, the L.D.S. church has put digitalized records from Zamrsk on its http://www.familysearch.org/ site.  The webpage for the Zamrsk archives also gives a link to http://www.familysearch.org/.  I assume that whatever records I am trying to find online from the Zamrsk site are the same as those on the http://www.familysearch.org/ site, so I am stressing over nothing.  The LDS site is much easier to navigate.

        My question:  If I only use the http://www.familysearch.org/ site, am I missing out on other digitalized records at the http://vychodoceskearchivy.cz/zamrsk/matriky site?   Is it worth my time to try and figure out navigating the Zamrsk site?

        Mirek also told us that the Zamrsk archives have only digitalized 42% of the records, and the records are to be completed in 2015.  However, the digitalization has stalled due to lack of funds.

        Truly,
        Marie Neuman Gray
      • davidschroeder991
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
          I would use Google Chrome. It will translate Czech into English. And I have had no problems with it working with the Czech Archives.