obit: Threse Shiller Marcak

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013

      Mrs. Threse Shiller Marcak died at her home near Guadalupe about 1 o’clock p.m. Jan. 20, of complications following an attack of measles.

      About 3 o’clock the following evening a lengthy funeral slowly wended its way from the family residence to the Bohemian Cemetery where, after the burial services were read, the remains were laid to rest.

      Mrs. Marcak was born in Austin County fifty-two years ago, married in 1875 and settled with her husband and family in Victoria County in 1896.

      While peace and happiness seemed to be smiling on the whole community little did we think that the angel of death was hovering over the home of our esteem fellow citizen Josef Marcak.

      The sad news of the death of his wife spread rapidly and gloom overshadowed the place, for all who knew her esteemed her highly.

      She was the center of a most happy home, a kind, loving and sympathetic wife and mother.  Her lofty principles and noble characteristics bespoke her culture.

      Besides a grief stricken husband, four sons and two daughters, she leaves two brothers and three sisters, who reside in this and Austin County, two little grandchildren and a host of relatives and friends to mourn her untimely demise.

      Only a week ago the family was shocked by the death of a son and brother, and now the wife and mother.

      Dear ones, whom she has left behind, grieve not or think it hard, for if one word could call her back to this world of strife, O, who would utter it !

      May that beautiful life be an example that we may follow and meet in everlasting glory.

      The bereaved family may rest assured of the sincere sympathy of the entire community.

      Victoria Advocate, January 26, 1907

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis