RE: RE: SAN FERNANDO DEVELOPMENT CO., GRANGER, TX

  • hankn34
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2013
      Dustin,

      Taking what information Angelina Genzer Kretzschmar and Sr. Elizabeth Riebschlaeger discovered about the San Fernando Development Co and further research here is what I put together for my cousins about the Company:

      In 1927 the San Fernando Development Company was organized in Granger. The president of the Company was Great Uncle Emil A. Bartosh, Frank Holub - Vice President, I. C. Parma - Secretary and Treasurer and Frank Genser (son of Angela Bartosh Genser - great grandpa Valentin’s sister) - Field Manager. I checked with the Texas Secretary of State and the company was not registered as a Corporation. Records in Georgetown indicated that the company was recorded in the Register of Assumed Names. The purpose of this Company was to market undeveloped land in La Salle County in southwest Texas. It’s promotion was “Farm and Fruit Gardens.” The Grangerites who formed this business venture were:

          Frank Genzer        Granger, TX    Feb. 5, 1927
          E. A. Bartosh        Granger, TX (Emil)
      E. D. Bartosh        Granger, TX (Edmund)
      George Matyscak    Granger, TX
      Frank Prochazka    Taylor, TX
      Frank Holub, Jr.    Taylor, TX
      Joe E. Bigon        Temple, TX (Great Aunt Martha’s husband)
      I. C. Parma        Granger, TX
      Jos. Novasad        Granger, TX
      F. A. Parma        Granger, TX
      J. J. Velicka        Granger, TX
      L. J. Klecka        Granger, TX
      Frank Holub, Sr.    Taylor, TX
      J. J. Wychopen    Taylor, TX
      J. A. Klecka        Taylor, TX
      Dr. R. L. Struhall    Austin, TX
      Frank Mazoch    Granger, TX
           Dr. A. C. Mussil    Granger, TX

      I have been able to identify about six of these men and perhaps posting the entire list of the Company other family members may be able to put a name to a photo that Angelina posted on line.
      Hank Naizer

      PS. Your Granddad R.L. built the house we still live in since 1958 here in Austin. Your aunt Grace lived in the house next door for a couple years which R.L also built. Being from Granger the Struhall name is quite familiar to me. When my wife and I married we lived in Louis Struhall's garage apt. on Congress Ave. for a while as  I attended St. Ed's.

      ---In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, <texasczechs@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Is this the photo you're referencing?

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok6qakvcxcih0nn/San%20Fernando%20Development%20Company.jpg

      My grandfather, R.L. Struhall (Grandson of James Vincent Strouhal) has this hanging in his office. The gentleman in the back row, third from the right, in the white suit, is my great-grandfather, Dr. Rudolph Lewis Struhall who was a dentist here in Austin from the 30's until his death in 1954.

      Dustin Struhall
    • charleskretzschmar

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
          I have some information on Dr. A.C. Mussil because he married into one of the Hajek lines I am researching (his first wife who died in or shortly after childbirth).

          Matt Cross
        • hankn34
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013

            Matt: here is some info about Dr. Mussil - from Find the Grave web site:

            Anton Charles Mussil, MD – DOB Nov. 20, 1870 Brno, Moravia – DOD Nov. 14, 1952 Granger TX — Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger, TX

            First wife: Agnes Marie Hajek  --DOB Jul. 4, 1878 Moravia, TX Lavaca County – DOD Sep. 18, 1907 Ennis TX -- Burial: Myrtle Cemetery, Ennis TX -- Parents: Josef and Mary Hajek

            Dr. Anton and Agnes had two children:

            Anton Charles (Tony)  Mussil Jr.  - DOB May 24, 1903 Ennis TX  – DOD Sep. 1, 1993 place ??: -- Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger TX
            Agnes Marie Mussil - DOB Jun. 1, 1905 Ennis, TX — DOD Dec. 9, 1905 Ennis TX – Burial: Myrtle Cemetery, Ennis TX

            2nd wife - Marie A. Mokry (married Dr. Anton Jan 2, 1911 Granger, TX) -- DOB Aug. 22, 1889 place ?? -- DOD Aug. 27, 1982 Granger, TX  – Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger TX

            Dr. Anton and Marie had two children:

            Bettie Mussil Smith  – DOD Apr. 22, 1912 Granger TX — DOD Feb., 1943 place ?? – Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger TX

            Footnote: Don’t know Bettie’s husband first name, but they had two sons - Kenneth and Tony Smith - both attended Granger High school and were school mates of mine.

            Theodore Frank (Sonnie) Mussil - DOD Oct. 10, 1918 Granger TX — DOD Feb. 11, 1996 Granger TX – Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Granger TX

            Dr. Anton’s mother:

            Frantiska Mussil DOB Sep. 15, 1831 Zdanicich, Moravia – DOD Jan. 23, 1922 Granger TX – Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery