Re: Obit: Henry E. Beseda, Jr. (1920-2013)

  • mike061939
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
      The subject line of my original submission got truncated.  Bro. Beseda's complete death date was September 16, 2013.

      Also, I tried attaching a photo of Bro.Henry and that didn't work, so I am trying that again with this link:

      http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/Images/Cobrands/DignityMemorial/Photos/8342acf1-befb-4045-aebb-4b37d00453e1.jpg

      I can't say that I like the new format for Yahoo Groups.  I didn't particularly see anything wrong with the old format.  Perhaps someone could provide some tips on how to effectively use the new format, including attaching something.  -   Mike Hejl
    • Rosemary Ermis
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013

        Mike,

        I usually access the TexasCzechs website daily to avoid posting duplicate obits, and I must say the new format is giving me some grief as well.  I’ve even had difficulty opening an obit to check the first lines.  From what I can tell, you have to click on “conversations” to access an obit, but I may be wrong.

        Cindy, is there a tutorial for this new format?

        Rosemary

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
          I’m having problems myself. They changed out photo to one of San Francisco, and I could not get the CHS Logo to upload, so if you see a picture of a harvest, this is my Pinter family in West. I’m still working on the logo format.

          I really dislike the new format. You do have to go to “conversations” to read the messages. Also, evidently photo attachments are no longer accepted. I was going to suggest putting them in our photos folder, but see that I can’t even access that. Somehow I also set the group where new members have to be approved. It’s not a problem to approve them, but feel some folks don’t want to have to apply, so I’m trying to figure out how to change it.

          I’m in several other Yahoo groups, and they are all having the same problems, so it’s something Yahoo did to change all the sites. I’m having a learning curve, big time.  Bear with us. Maybe Matt can figure it out Smile

          Cindy

          The subject line of my original submission got truncated.  Bro. Beseda's complete death date was September 16, 2013.

          Also, I tried attaching a photo of Bro.Henry and that didn't work, so I am trying that again with this link:

          http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/Images/Cobrands/DignityMemorial/Photos/8342acf1-befb-4045-aebb-4b37d00453e1.jpg

          I can't say that I like the new format for Yahoo Groups.  I didn't particularly see anything wrong with the old format.  Perhaps someone could provide some tips on how to effectively use the new format, including attaching something.  -   Mike Hejl

          No virus found in this message.

        • Cindy Neal

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
              Cindy,

              I haven't found a solution, but apparently, somehow, our group was changed to restricted from public. Unfortunately, there's this note under the group types:

              Restricted and Private groups cannot be made Public later

              As for the photos, it seems we still can attach them, or at least I don't see the causes of why we cannot. It looks like all of the attachments are being placed in the aptly named "Attachments" section (Across the screen, you have Conversations, Photos, and then Attachments).

              Seems to be taking the site a longer time than usual to load, too.

              Hope this helps some.

              Matt Cross

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
                I saw that same message, and I’m afraid I must have done it. It means we will keep getting an email when someone wants to join. I’ve just been approving them, since they will still be moderated – can’t figure out a way around it now. That will teach me to quit changing settings that I’m not sure about!

                I did change the setting to allow photo attachments. If you see anything else that needs to be changed, feel free. I’m scared now to do anything else LOL.