obit: John Klekar Sr.

  • Robert and Nancy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013

      John Klekar Sr.

      John Klekar Sr. one of the good citizens of our county died at his home 7 miles northwest of town Saturday morning at 12:15 o'clock aged 70 years 3 months and 15 days. Death being due to paralysis.

      The funeral was held from the family residence Monday morning at 9:00 o'clock to St. Mary's Catholic Church where Requiem High Mass was held at 10:00 o'clock, after which interment was made in St. Mary's Cemetery, Father D. A. Sykora conducting the last sad rites. Many pretty flowers were placed upon the grave showing the love and esteem in which the deceased was held by his many friends.

      Pall-bearers were Frank Hanslik, John Kalcak, Ed. Ulcak Jr., Anton Kresta, John Najvar and F. K. Bucek.

      He leaves to mourn his death his wife, Mrs. Sophie Klekar, three daughters, Mrs. Joe Fajkus of Wallis, Mrs. J. R. Prasek of Hallettsville Rt. 4 and Mrs. F. L. Konvicka of Hallettsville Rt. 6, six sons, John P. Klekar of Hallettsville Rt. 4, Joe and Frank Klekar of Rt. 2, Jim and Albert Klekar of Rt. 6 and Emil Klekar of Wallis. There are 34 grand children. Other relatives are two brothers Joe Klekar of Novohrad and Frank Klekar of Hallettsville Rt. 2, four sisters Mrs. Annie Novak of Moulton, Mrs. Jake Krauskopf of Wied, Mrs. E. G. Motal of Komensky and Mrs. B. F. Habiger of Breslau.

      Mr. Klekar was a native of Europe being born at Cerna [Cermna], Cecho-Slovakia. He came to this country with his parents at the age of 19 years and settled near Flatonia Fayette county. In 1884 he moved to this county and settled at Novohrad where he lived for two years after which he moved to the community where he lived up to the time of his death.

      In the passing of Mr. Klekar our county has lost one of its best citizens, he was a man that was upright in all dealings with his fellowman. He was devoted to his home and loved ones and loyal to his friends. He has many friends who are saddened by his death. He has now gone to receive his reward that awaits such a good man.

      May his soul rest in peace.

      To those who are left to mourn his death we extend sympathy.

      Hallettsville Herald, Tuesday, April 13, 1926, page 1