Czech School of Dallas

  • czechschoolofdallas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2013
      Hello,

      and warm greetings from Dallas!

      I am excited to let you know that our school is getting ready for a second semester. We are enrolling more students and also welcoming 3 new teachers. Our Back to school day is set for September 15.

      We offer classes for very young children, School- age children with intermediate level of Czech language, Czech as a second language for children, and a separate one for adults and also a certification course for those who plan one day to study in Czech. Our classes are offered on Sunday, Monday evening and Tuesday evening.

      We had a fantastic start last year with 17 students attending 4 spring classes. This fall we are opening 6 classes and also a brand new Slovak Club.

      We received a grant from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech republic this past June. Part of it will be used to create a contemporary library of Czech books for children. I attended the International Conference of Czech Schools Without Borders at the beginning of August and gained valuable information and training that will enrich our school's classes.

      I am currently working on getting the "Czech That Film" Festival to come to Dallas, next year. Our school and consequently Sokol Dallas have been picked as the next year's organizer of the US Czech Schools annual Conference.

      I would also very much like to see our web address on your site and hope you can add it to your list of Czech organizations in TX.

      I am looking forward to cooperation on TX or international level.

      Sincerely,

      Nina Marcussen
      Director
      www.czechschoolofdallas.org