Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Tracing distant cousins

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2013
      You can put as much as you want in an obituary in the Houston Chronicle, but you pay by the word!! It costs dearly!! Even back in 1992 for our son, it was very expensive. And a picture was even more, of course! Such a shame that it has to be so expensive. But???
      Julie

      On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Ronda Trent <the4trents@...> wrote:

      Hank,
      I understand your frustration, but most newspapers do not allow such additions due to space.  We wanted grandchildren listed in obits and were told they didn't have the room.  In this case, there were all of 4 grandkids to be listed. The newspaper said to do it for one, they would have to do it for everyone.  They don't have genealogical searches in mind when they publish obits.
      Ronda

      --
      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala