Re: [TexasCzechs] hajek/kropacek/kolar

  • Cathy Hajek
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
      Hi
      My name is James Hajek and my grandfather was Joseph Hajek and settled in Gonzales county and later moved to Shiner Texas in 1951 until death in 1968.
      you can reach me at cathyhajek@....
      Thanks

      I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you.

    • trifftuff
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Cathy Hajek <cathyhajek@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > My name is James Hajek and my grandfather was Joseph Hajek and settled in Gonzales county and later moved to Shiner Texas in 1951 until death in 1968.
        > you can reach me at cathyhajek@...
        > Thanks
        >

        > ________________________________

        Thanks for the response so quickly. Grandpa was Joseph. He had bothers - Frank, Jerry, Billy, Edward, Charles,John and Jerry. They were all self taught musicians. Billy was in "Ripley's Believe It or Not" 1939 for playing the longest amount of time without stopping. Charles was a child prodigy- played the violin, he married Viola who played the cello. Bill played over 151 hours without stopping. Grandparents were Vincent and Mary Franz, and Frances Helen Kropacek. She died very young. The Frances Helen line had 3 girls....Lillian Olga, Valeria and Edythe.
        Thanks. Keep up the good work!

        > Hi!
        > I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you.

      • Matt Cross
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
          Do you have any other dates or locations to go along with the information. Hajek is a fairly common surname even in Texas, and there seems to be concentrations of this family name in Lavaca and surrounding counties as well as in McLennan County.

          I descend from Jan Hajek of Volsovice or Olsovice, Bohemia, through his daughter Terezie who married Bernhardt Berckenhoff. Several of Jan's other children -- as far as I can tell, all of them who lived to adulthood -- also immigrated to Texas.

          Some of the other members in this group descend from Jan's nephew Martin Hajek.

          Matt Cross

          > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
          > From: trifftruff@...
          > Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:24:00 +0000
          > Subject: [TexasCzechs] hajek/kropacek/kolar
          >
          > Hi!
          > I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you.

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Terry G. Tate
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
            Matt,
                    Hello!, Do you know how I can find a link into the Matrinky Archives.cz ? Any help would be appreciated. I just got back from the Czech Republic and wanted to do some more research. I visited Koprivnice(Pronounced "Kop shriv nesa") where our Raska and Mozisek family originated and Ticha,(Pronounced T-Ha) where our Konvicka Family originated. I also visted Prague, Olomouc, Novy Jicin. I had a wondeful time, a trip of a life time.

            Thanks,

            Terry G Tate
            There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, in the end, ‘Thy will be done.’ -C. S. Lewis

            Do you have any other dates or locations to go along with the information. Hajek is a fairly common surname even in Texas, and there seems to be concentrations of this family name in Lavaca and surrounding counties as well as in McLennan County.   I descend from Jan Hajek of Volsovice or Olsovice, Bohemia, through his daughter Terezie who married Bernhardt Berckenhoff. Several of Jan's other children -- as far as I can tell, all of them who lived to adulthood -- also immigrated to Texas.   Some of the other members in this group descend from Jan's nephew Martin Hajek.   Matt Cross
            > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com > From: trifftruff@... > Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:24:00 +0000 > Subject: [TexasCzechs] hajek/kropacek/kolar > > Hi! > I just joined and am trying to find a link in Texas for the Hajeks. There are stories of my family traveling to Texas for visit either friends or relatives. I am searching for anyone related to a Joseph Hajek from Brnik, Czech. ...I'd say broadly from 1946-1995. I you can help, please drop me a line at trifftruff@... Thank you. > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Remember: You can alway set your account to Digest Mode for less mail. > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasCzechs/ > > <*> Your email settings: > Individual Email |
            Traditional > > <*> To change settings online go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasCzechs/join > (Yahoo! ID required) > > <*> To change settings via email: > TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com > TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com > > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > TexasCzechs-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >
          • Matt Cross
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
              Terry, I don't know, but because I personally do not have research in that part of the current Czech Republic (Mine are at the Trebon archives -- http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/index_main.php?lang=en -- but I know others in this group do have research in Moravia and will direct you to the correct link for the Matriky Archives.

              Matt Cross

              To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com