Reposting Genealogy Family Question

  • paulasmaggie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2013
      Just read my post, I am re-posting. My grgrgr Uncle Jan Valigura married Anna Supak His niece Franny married her nephew Raymond Supak. How does this marriage fit in the family tree along with what are their children's connections. I hope this makes more sense then my original post. paulasmaggie
    • CWarschak@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2013
                    If I understand your question correctly, it appears to me that if you are talking about the Valigura family tree that Anna Supak is included only because she married into the family.
        Raymond Supak would be included in the Valigure family tree only because he married into the family.
        The fact that Raymond was a nephew of Anna should not be a factor.

                    Likewise, if you are talking about the Supak family tree, the fact that Jan and Franny were related prior to their marriage into the Supak family should not be a factor.
      • vmichna
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2013
          The children of Frannie V. and Raymond S. would be gr-nieces and nephews both Jan Valigura and Anna Supak.

          The children of Jan V. and Anna S. would be first cousins to both Frannie V. and Raymond S.

          The two sets of children are cousins to each other on both sides of their family (double cousins)because they would have a common ancestor through both their mother's and their father's sides of the family. The children of Frannie V and Raymond S would be first cousins once removed to the children of Jan V. and Anna S. They would also be cousins going the other way, but I am not exactly sure how to work back, just forward.

          I think I got all of that right. The bottom line is that for genealogy purposes these two sets of children would have more recent common ancestors than normal first or second cousins. It also means that the family tree is no so much a tree, but a web with cross links.

          Hope all of that makes sense.

          Valorie Michna