Re: [TexasCzechs] obit: Mrs. Ed Marek

  • Cindy Neal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2013
      Asked too soon – I found her in my files. She was Annie Vlasta Kovar.

      Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:13 PM
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: Mrs. Ed Marek

      PORT LAVACA – Mrs. Ed Marek, 78, of Port Lavaca, died at 6:45 p.m. Sunday at a local hospital.

      She was a lifelong resident of Calhoun County, and was born Aug. 29, 1900, in Port Lavaca.  She was a member of the Baptist Church.

      Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Richardson Funeral Home Chapel in Port Lavaca, with the Revs. Marcos Gohlke and David Bush officiating.  Burial will be in Six-Mile Cemetery, under the direction of Richardson Funeral Home of Port Lavaca.

      Mrs. Marek was survived by two daughters, Mrs. Billie Pfeiffer and Mrs. Evelyn Kemper, both of Port Lavaca; a son, George Marek of Port Lavaca; a sister, Mrs. Albino Balcar of Crosby; seven grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.

      The grandsons will serve as pallbearers.

      Victoria Advocate, April 2, 1979

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis

      No virus found in this message.