obit: Bennie Edward Cykala Sr.

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013

      Bennie Edward Cykala Sr, 77, of Conroe, Texas, was called home by our Heavenly Father on Sunday July 21, 2013.

      Ben is the third of four boys born to Robert and Bessie Cykala in East Bernard, Texas on May 2, 1936. Ben enjoyed his life running the San Jacinto Gardens Ice House where he was known for singing Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash, playing his spoons, and telling his many jokes.

      Ben is survived by his four children: Ben Cykala Jr and his wife Brenda, Pam Johnson and her husband Everett, Melinda Scheps and her husband Brent, Gina Soucy and her husband Chris; eleven grandchildren; and one great-grandchild on the way.

      A graveside service will be held at Houston National Cemetery, 10410 Veterans Memorial Drive on July 24, 2013 at 2:00p.m. Ben's family asks that his friends join them in a celebration of his life at Backwoods Saloon, formally San Jacinto Gardens Ice House (220 Lexington Ct.), in Conroe, Texas on Saturday July 27, 2013 at 7:00p.m.

      Published on yourconroenews.com from July 22 to August 4, 2013