RE: [TexasCzechs] obit: Louis Slansky

  • T J Slansky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013

      Rosemary,

      Thanks for the obit. Lois would have been my father’s youngest brother. The story told was he was to have reached for his hat when it had blown off. Never understood how the family knew what had happen.

      Another newspaper article I read did not mention another person was in the back of the truck.

      Another tragedy fell to this family in 1922, two brothers ages 11 and 13 drown together in Bucker Creek near La Grange. At this time my father was 12 years of age.

      TJ Slansky

      Subject: [TexasCzechs] obit: Louis Slansky

      BOY KILLED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT

      Louis Slansky, 10-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Slansky of Rabb’s Prairie, died in the local hospital Sunday at 4 p.m. following injuries received that morning when he leaped from a milk truck on the highway about a mile north of Schulenburg.

      The boy was riding on the milk cans with a Mexican man from Winchester.  His sister, Mathilda, 15, was in the cab with the driver, Leonard Goebel.

      He was taken to Schulenburg for treatment and was then brought to the hospital here.  No one but the Mexican saw the accident and his story was not obtainable.  Parents could give little information – LaGrange Record

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, August 11, 1933

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis