obit: Louise Anders Holub

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013

      People of our city and section were greatly shocked last Friday morning to learn of the death of Mrs. Louise Holub, beloved wife of Mr. Rudolf Holub, living two miles southwest of town.  Few of them had heard of her illness, and news of her death came to them as a heavy blow.  The remains were tenderly prepared for burial and on Sunday afternoon at 3 o’clock were laid to rest in St. Michael’s Cemetery.  Rev. J. Szymanski of this city and Rev. John Anders of Cistern officiating in a touching burial service.

      The pall bearers were Messrs. Jos. Holub, John Kobersky, John Mozisek, Jos. Myska, Anton B_ck, Jr., and F. J. Koenig.  The funeral was largely attended attesting the high esteem our people had for this esteemed lady.

      Mrs. Holub was born in the High Hill community on May 7, 1876.  She was 51 years, 11 months and 18 days old at time of death.  She was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Anders of the Dubina community.  She was united in marriage to Mr. Holub in 1904.  The young couple first lived in the Ammannsville community, removing in 1912 to the vicinity of Weimar.  Her survivors are her bereaved husband, Mr. Rudolf Holub; two sons, Alfons and Rudolf; and a daughter, Martha, 7 years old; also three brothers, Frank Anders of Edna, Anton and Joseph Anders of Needvillle, and three sisters, Mrs. Anna Bayer of Gordon, Texas, Mrs. Emelie Huebner of Wapaknota (?), Ohio, and Mrs. Theresa Kloesel of Schulenburg.  One brother, Charles, died several years ago.

      Mrs. Holub was a devoted wife and mother.  She was of kindly disposition, a lover of home, attentive to her family, a good friend and neighbor, and in her passing many relatives and friends are bowed down with sorrow.

      Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to her bereaved ones.

      Weimar Mercury, Friday, May 2, 1930

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis