Re: Mother/baby burial in 1918

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 17 3:15 PM
      She was 16 and had been married in the Catholic Church in Jul 1918 and died in Nov 1918. I wonder if her burial was influenced by the fact she died in childbirth and that the baby died at the same time.

      Also, Granger did have a newspaper, but only remnants remain. They are on microfilm at UT-Austin. I have looked at them, but didn't find anything very useful.

      If anyone is looking for a historic newspaper for that area, Bartlett is a better choice because it is on-line and complete. You can also search it by keyword, date, etc. I have searched it for other subjects and found lots of useful info.

      Thanks for the angle about the funeral home. I'll have to do some research and see what funeral homes were in the area at the time.