Re: [TexasCzechs] Geneology Site - Find-A-Grave

  • Ron Walcik
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 6 11:38 AM
      We also take a GPS reading of each grave and post that with the memorial. Hopefully that will help others find the grave site if they are so inclined. Or they can call it up on Google Earth.

      Ron

      On Jul 6, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:

      I've submitted many, many memorials primarily from published transcriptions. Although I don't "mow the rows," I know it's worth it. I've even entered some unmarked graves, the information coming from church records. It may be the only record that the person existed, especially if a child.

      Matt Cross

      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      CC: rbeausoleil@...
      From: rbeausoleil@...
      Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:56:19 -0400
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Geneology Site - Find-A-Grave

      Hi Allen,

          I've belonged to Find-A-Grave for over 9 years. I've found a lot of useful info on FAG and have added many memorials and grave pics. The 'familyl links' feature is very useful in finding missing spouses (including maiden names), parents and children. I've also received a lot of help from members who have taken volunteer pics for me.

          Allen, thanks for your help in adding info to this website.

          Beau

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7 7:36 AM
        I have read all the e-mails lately about people taking pictures of cemeteries.  I too have planned to do this for a hobby once I retire.  I live in Greenville, Ohio and want to contribute to the site of www.findagrave.com .

        This sight has helped me find family in the past when a retired person from one of the northern states, John Christeson, photographed my grandparents graves in Granger, Texas. I e-mailed him to thank him for his efforts and found out more about his hobby.  He said that he did this several times each week and at his own pace. He also said that you never run out of cemeteries. (Thanks again, John).

        For anyone that might be seeking a possible photo of a grave in the Greenville, Ohio area, you can contact me.  I do plan to retire in about another year and a half, but could get started with a few requests.

        Joe Levek