Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech obits

  • DARLENE BAKER
    Message 1 of 13 , May 21, 2013
      Thanks for all you have done!!  Great job!!

      Darlene Baker
      Message 2 of 13 , May 22, 2013
        Rosemary,

        Thank you so much for all of your hard work over the years with the obits.  You have helped so many of us so much.

        I should follow your lead with the quilting, but I like genealogy as much as I like quilting and there never seems to be enough time for both.  But I probably ought to at least finish the quilt that has been sitting here for a couple of years only needing the binding to be finished...haha!

        Nancy
        The last of the “Z” obits went out tonight.  I have about 400 more obits left.  I am still researching online at night and checking the newspapers and funeral home every week.   One of my projects is to go once a week to the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through the La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits.  The newspaper begins in 1880, and I have typed eight obits from it so far.  Going through a newspaper on microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.

        As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out 3 or 5 or no obits.  I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them.  Newsprint is black and white.  Working with colors and design will be a fun change for me.

        Rosemary

      • Peggy Harmon
        Message 3 of 13 , May 22, 2013
          Rosemary is the LaGrange Library online? I have a library card that gets online and I can see some newspaper articles.  If they aren't online are they still open on a Sat? I am trying to locate an obit there.  Not familiar with that library and you mentioning it jogged my memory. You can private email me if you'd like.

          Peggy Harmon, CPC
          "Texas is My Heart"
          New Braunfels "is my home"