RE: [TexasCzechs] Czech obits

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 13 , May 20, 2013
      Rosemary,

      I also extend my thanks for your immense time and effort locating and transcribing obituaries. I've done my share of it, too, so I know how tedious the task can be.

      Matt Cross
    • Roland Beausoleil
      Message 2 of 13 , May 20, 2013
        Hi Rosemary,

            Thanks for all your hard work the last few years by posting all these obits. What a treasure this will be to people doing family research to have these all stored online.

            I have over 21,000 emails in my inbox and I estimate that 80% are obits from you that I haven't read yet so it's going to take me quite a while to go thru them.

            Thanks again.

                Roland Beausoleil

          The last of the “Z” obits went out tonight.  I have about 400 more obits left.  I am still researching online at night and checking the newspapers and funeral home every week.   One of my projects is to go once a week to the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through the La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits.  The newspaper begins in 1880, and I have typed eight obits from it so far.  Going through a newspaper on microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.

          As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out 3 or 5 or no obits.  I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them.  Newsprint is black and white.  Working with colors and design will be a fun change for me.

          Rosemary

        • DARLENE BAKER
          Message 4 of 13 , May 21, 2013
            Thanks for all you have done!!  Great job!!

            Darlene Baker
            Rosemary, there are not enough thanks that can be said to you for this tedious but very important contribution to those of us who are searching for distant cousins to fill the blank leaves in our family trees.

            Hank

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Ermis" <roseermis@...> wrote:

            > Hello Texas Czechs,
            >
            > The last of the "Z" obits went out tonight. I have about 400 more obits
            > left. I am still researching online at night and checking the newspapers
            > and funeral home every week. One of my projects is to go once a week to
            > the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through the
            > La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits. The newspaper begins in 1880,
            > and I have typed eight obits from it so far. Going through a newspaper on
            > microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.
            >
            > As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out 3 or 5
            > or no obits. I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them. Newsprint is
            > black and white. Working with colors and design will be a fun change for
            > me.
            >
            > Rosemary

          • Robert and Nancy
            Message 5 of 13 , May 22, 2013
              Rosemary,

              Thank you so much for all of your hard work over the years with the obits.  You have helped so many of us so much.

              I should follow your lead with the quilting, but I like genealogy as much as I like quilting and there never seems to be enough time for both.  But I probably ought to at least finish the quilt that has been sitting here for a couple of years only needing the binding to be finished...haha!

              Nancy
              The last of the “Z” obits went out tonight.  I have about 400 more obits left.  I am still researching online at night and checking the newspapers and funeral home every week.   One of my projects is to go once a week to the Fayette County Library in La Grange (down the road) and go through the La Grange Journal searching for Czech obits.  The newspaper begins in 1880, and I have typed eight obits from it so far.  Going through a newspaper on microfilm is rather time-consuming as I have to check each page/frame.

              As a result, do not be alarmed if there are days when I only send out 3 or 5 or no obits.  I want to make some quilt tops and quilt them.  Newsprint is black and white.  Working with colors and design will be a fun change for me.

              Rosemary

            • Peggy Harmon
              Message 6 of 13 , May 22, 2013
                Rosemary is the LaGrange Library online? I have a library card that gets online and I can see some newspaper articles.  If they aren't online are they still open on a Sat? I am trying to locate an obit there.  Not familiar with that library and you mentioning it jogged my memory. You can private email me if you'd like.

                Peggy Harmon, CPC
                "Texas is My Heart"
                New Braunfels "is my home"