Jimmy Brosch Remembers

  • Patricia Elleven
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 5:21 PM
      Even though it was published a year or two ago, I just became aware of this little gem of a book and cd:

      Jimmy Brosch Remembers Twenty Legendary Texas Czech Polka Bands
      by Theresa Cernoch Parker.

      http://www.20polkabands.com/20_Polka_Bands/Home.html

      It looks really good - and I hope to get my hands on a copy soon!

      "Parker transcribed and edited the material she and Brosch gathered, creating an interweaving story of Texas immigrant life and music. The book includes tons of photographs, most courtesy of the interviewees, that provide a welcome visual component to this survey of music extending back to the late 1860s."
      http://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/03-27-12-13-55-jimmy-brosch-remembers-twenty-legendary-czech-polka-bands/

      Pat Elleven