Re: [TexasCzechs] Gabera

  • Connie Hollis
    Message 1 of 381 , Apr 19 1:12 PM
    Oh my....you will never know how much I appreciate what you have sent.  I have been a genealogy researcher for my family for about 20 years, but never researched this area.  So I have really been at a lost as where even to begin.

    Your info:
    The "godparents" were Josef Orság, a farmer, who lived at house # 239 of Nový Hrozenkov and his wife Anna.

    My g-grandmother, Rozina Bumbleschezk-Gabera mother’s name (I am showing) as Orzak.  Maybe it is actually Orsag.  And she had a sister, possibly by the name of Aneska.  Could that be the Anna that you are referring to?

    I am showing that Rozina’s parents are George Bambuzek and mother Roddina Jana Orzak, birthplace of both,  Czechoslovakia .  These names came from the death certificate of Rozina (Rosie) Gabera.   It is showing that her husband Frantisek (Frank) Gabera is the informant of that information.

    I have attached both Frantisek & Rozina passenger list.  You maybe able to tell me more by looking at these.  Since you know more of what to look for.

    When Rozina came to the state she had to leave behind the oldest child Celestina Gabera with her grandparents George & Roddina.  She had a rash and the authorities would not let her on the ship.  She ended up staying in the old country. I am showing that she was born June 16, 1903 in Prague.  And later married Frank Foltova.

    I would certainly again appreciate any info that you may be able to obtain.

    If you  have time would you give me an idea of how to go about researching this area?

    I have just recently joined the Texas Czechs group in hopes to learn more.

    Thanks again!
    Connie
    Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:38 PM
    Subject: [TexasCzechs] Gabera

    Ahoj Connie,

    Found the birth record for your GreatGrandther František Gabera.

    http://matriky.archives.cz/

    N, I-N • 1873-1892 • 2456 • Vs VI 12 • Nový Hrozenkov image 144/470, 6th record down.
    (Church records: Vol IV, page 144)

    It is very easy to read - at least by handwriting.

    He was born in house # 242.

    František's father was Josef Gabera II, a farmer of Nový Hrozenkov. Josef's father was Josef Gabera I, also a farmer in Nový Hrozenkov and his mother was Marianna of the Kneblík family of Nový Hrozenkov.

    František's Mother was Marianna II, the daughter of Jan Janiglače, a farmer in Nový Hrozenkov and his wife Marianna I, who was from the Zaplač family (of farmers) in Nový Hrozenkov.

    The priest who baptised him was Josef Machálek. The midwife was Rosina Kret; she lived in house # 96 in Nový Hrozenkov.

    The "godparents" were Josef Orság, a farmer, who lived at house # 239 of Nový Hrozenkov and his wife Anna.

    There was no entry in that village for your Greatgrandmother on that date. She may have been from a neighboring village.

    I can look for more if you wish. Hope this is of some value.

    Pavel Kůrečka

    Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 2:01 PM

    > Searching
    >
    > for information on my great-grandparents:

    Frantisek

    > (Frank) Gabera
    > born:
    > September 4,
    1881 in Novy Hrozenkov
    > came to U.S. on Koln SS thru Galveston in
    3/17/1907 destination
    > LaGrange, Texas

    > his
    wife:
    > Rozina Bumbleschezk-Gabera
    > born:
    > March

    23, 1883 in Czechoslovakia

    join him in U.S. on Cassel thru Galveston in 7/1/1907

    > I have very little information on them until
    they came to the U.S.

    > Any information would be very much
    appreciated.

    > Thanks,
    > Connie

  • wiesner1873
    Message 381 of 381 , Jul 25, 2013
      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

      > Valorie Michna researching:
      > Michna from Frenstat
      > Sasin from Zabreh nad Odrou
      > Holain/Holan frmn Stara Bela
      > Pitlik from Stara Bela
      >
      > Sorry, I am only 1/4 Czech so my list is kinda short.

      I was going through some old posts on this board and saw that you are researching the Michna family from Frenstat.
      My Wiesner family originates from Frenstat. My g-g-grandfather, Wilhelm R. Wiesner, had two family members marry into the Michna family. My 4th g-g-uncle, Antonin Wiesner b. 1795 Frenstat, married Johana Michna b. 1799, daughter of Martin Michna. My g-g-grandfather's sister, Alzbeta Wiesner b. 1844 Frenstat, married Jan Michna b. 1828, son of Tomas Michna.

      I wonder if either of them connect with your line.

      Linda