Gabera-Orsaks, Urban Explanation

  • Paula Foster
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19 4:26 AM
    From a Martin Pytr Report.  I hope this helps.  paulasmaggie
  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19 9:25 AM

      Thank you for the explanation about the surname changes.  I’d say that Martin Pytr definitely earned his pay on that research.

      There was a similar problem in Fayetteville with the BACA families.  Too many Frank, Joe, John, etc. Baca for the mail delivery to figure out.  My husband’s Baca family  solved the dilemma by adopting the initial “K.” as their middle name – “John K. Baca”, which was his grandfather even though he was actually John Andrew Baca.  John’s grandmother, Veronica Baca, married a John Kocian after arriving in Texas, so her son Josef’s children became known as the “Kocian Bacas” .

      Almost makes me afraid of researching the online Czech archives in case I really make a major mistake.

      Rosemary