Gabera

  • Paul Kurecka
    Message 1 of 381 , Apr 18, 2013
      Ahoj Connie,

      Found the birth record for your GreatGrandther František Gabera.

      http://matriky.archives.cz/

      N, I-N • 1873-1892 • 2456 • Vs VI 12 • Nový Hrozenkov image 144/470, 6th record down.
      (Church records: Vol IV, page 144)

      It is very easy to read - at least by handwriting.

      He was born in house # 242.

      František's father was Josef Gabera II, a farmer of Nový Hrozenkov. Josef's father was Josef Gabera I, also a farmer in Nový Hrozenkov and his mother was Marianna of the Kneblík family of Nový Hrozenkov.

      František's Mother was Marianna II, the daughter of Jan Janiglače, a farmer in Nový Hrozenkov and his wife Marianna I, who was from the Zaplač family (of farmers) in Nový Hrozenkov.

      The priest who baptised him was Josef Machálek. The midwife was Rosina Kret; she lived in house # 96 in Nový Hrozenkov.

      The "godparents" were Josef Orság, a farmer, who lived at house # 239 of Nový Hrozenkov and his wife Anna.

      There was no entry in that village for your Greatgrandmother on that date. She may have been from a neighboring village.

      I can look for more if you wish. Hope this is of some value.

      Pavel Kůrečka

      Message 381 of 381 , Jul 25, 2013
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

        > Valorie Michna researching:
        > Michna from Frenstat
        > Sasin from Zabreh nad Odrou
        > Holain/Holan frmn Stara Bela
        > Pitlik from Stara Bela
        >
        > Sorry, I am only 1/4 Czech so my list is kinda short.

        I was going through some old posts on this board and saw that you are researching the Michna family from Frenstat.
        My Wiesner family originates from Frenstat. My g-g-grandfather, Wilhelm R. Wiesner, had two family members marry into the Michna family. My 4th g-g-uncle, Antonin Wiesner b. 1795 Frenstat, married Johana Michna b. 1799, daughter of Martin Michna. My g-g-grandfather's sister, Alzbeta Wiesner b. 1844 Frenstat, married Jan Michna b. 1828, son of Tomas Michna.

        I wonder if either of them connect with your line.

        Linda