Re: Roll Call - Orsak

  • carlgenlnrt
    Message 1 of 381 , Apr 18, 2013
      Beau,

      Orsak and Orsag are the same name. This Johann Orsak(g)is not mine. I was just doing Ed a favor by looking up the Orsak since he hit a brick wall. I imagine these Orsak's all are related somehow since coming from Novy Hrozenkov and settling in Texas

      Carl

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Roland Beausoleil" <rbeausoleil@...> wrote:

      > Hi Carl,
      >
      > I have a Joseph Orsak (b. 05 Apr 1852 in Novy Hrozenkov #216). He married Mary Prihoda on 21 Nov 1873 in Novy Hrozenkov. Mary was born 08 Sep 1851 and her parents were Joseph Prihoda and Rosina Valligury. Leo Baca's Baltimore 1880-1899 volume shows a Josef Orsag 30, wife Maria 31, Vinzenz 11, Rosalie 3, from Austria aboard the Hermann, arriving 14 Feb 1883. I'm pretty sure this is the same Joseph and Mary Orsak with their name changed from Orsag to Orsak. Joseph and Mary Prihoda Orsak are buried in St. Ann's cemetery, Hocheim, TX. Are these Orsaks possible related to your Johann Orsag?
      >
      > Beau

    • wiesner1873
      Message 381 of 381 , Jul 25, 2013
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

        > Valorie Michna researching:
        > Michna from Frenstat
        > Sasin from Zabreh nad Odrou
        > Holain/Holan frmn Stara Bela
        > Pitlik from Stara Bela
        >
        > Sorry, I am only 1/4 Czech so my list is kinda short.

        I was going through some old posts on this board and saw that you are researching the Michna family from Frenstat.
        My Wiesner family originates from Frenstat. My g-g-grandfather, Wilhelm R. Wiesner, had two family members marry into the Michna family. My 4th g-g-uncle, Antonin Wiesner b. 1795 Frenstat, married Johana Michna b. 1799, daughter of Martin Michna. My g-g-grandfather's sister, Alzbeta Wiesner b. 1844 Frenstat, married Jan Michna b. 1828, son of Tomas Michna.

        I wonder if either of them connect with your line.

        Linda