RE: [TexasCzechs] West

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 18, 2013
      That is great news. I hope more in or with family in the Waco/West area will let us know they are safe.

      Matt Cross

      Sent from my Windows Phone

      From: rschmidt@...
      Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:17:47 -0500

      Adding my prayers.  I just read about this on a news website also.  My grandpa's cousin Anton Rejcek lives near West.  Sure hope everyone in the family is OK.  I don't want to call a 94 year old man this late in the evening, so will have to wait until tomorrow to get in touch with them.

      Nancy Schmidt
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 18, 2013
        Everyone in my family is accounted for as well. My aunt (Lillian Hannes) got some cuts and bruises, but she is okay and with her oldest daughter.

        Diane Oates

        From: Robert and NancySent: 4/18/2013 8:48 AMTo: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [TexasCzechs] West
        Everyone in my family is accounted for.  Prayers going out for the entire town.  What a horrific event!

        Nancy Schmidt
        The last time I talked to him a few months ago, he and his wife were both still living at home.  I heard that about the nursing home also.  Pretty scary for all of them!

        Nancy

        Sending out prayers to those affected by the explosion in West.

        Melissa Eckhoff
      • Peggy Harmon
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 18, 2013
          There is a article in Austin paper that discusses the Czech and German migration into that community.

          http://www.statesman.com/news/news/known-for-its-roadside-kolaches-west-home-to-czech/nXQFM/

          Peggy Harmon, CPC
          "Texas is My Heart"
          New Braunfels "is my home"

          From: Robert and NancySent: 4/18/2013 8:48 AMTo: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [TexasCzechs] West
          Everyone in my family is accounted for.  Prayers going out for the entire town.  What a horrific event!

          Nancy Schmidt
          The last time I talked to him a few months ago, he and his wife were both still living at home.  I heard that about the nursing home also.  Pretty scary for all of them!

          Nancy

          Sending out prayers to those affected by the explosion in West.

          http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/texas-explosion/index.html

          Melissa Eckhoff

        • fayelee39aol
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 18, 2013
            I also want to ADD my prayers for all those in West;  such a tragedy- may God be with them, and help them to recover quickly with the minimum of pain.  God Bless

            Cullis Holub

            From: Robert and NancySent: 4/18/2013 8:48 AMTo: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [TexasCzechs] West