Names in Nase Prijmeni

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28 8:22 AM
      I have heard of a book called Nase Prijmeni written in 1897 that describes the origin of Czech surnames. Does anyone have this book and would be willing to do look-ups? I would like to know when the surnames MICHNA, HOLAN/HOLAIN, and SASIN came into existence.

      I am also trying to get a copy of it, but for now I just want some basic info on the origin of some surnames so I can finish writing my family report.

      Thanks,

      Valorie Michna
    • Allen Livanec
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28 10:40 AM

        There is one at the Czech Center Museum Houston library. You will have to go and find it yourself. The books are not set up like a normal library.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28 12:57 PM
          Valorie - I think this is what you're looking for:

          http://archive.org/stream/naepijmenstudie00kotgoog/naepijmenstudie00kotgoog_djvu.txt

          Phil Vitek