Re: [TexasCzechs] Thank you for the prayers

  • Nancy Sugarek
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
      Twyla,
      Thanks for the update. Hang in there. You are
      giving your parents a most wonderful gift...yourself.
      Nancy
      --- "Twyla G. Hare" <tgh7433@...> wrote:
      > Darlene:
      > Thanks for your prayers. Dad is in Citizens at
      > Victoria, Room 474. Saw him for the first time on
      > Saturday and after 2 units of blood and 1 day of
      > radiation, he was having a good day. Today was a
      > different story. He wasn't so good. He looked more
      > pale and had deep circles around his eyes. Is
      > suppose that is how it's going to be. The cancer
      > has spread into 2 more ribs. Blood tests aren't
      > showing anything abnormal other than elevated PSA's.
      > Mom seems to be rallying. For the first time in
      > over 3 years, she's gotten out of the house. She
      > lives in Yorktown and went with us to visit him on
      > Saturday. We even went out to eat afterwards. I
      > think that the only other problem with her, other
      > than her medical condition, is her orneriness!! I
      > feel like I just want to go to sleep for a long
      > while and awake to find that this is all just a bad
      > dream. I will be going down again next weekend. I
      > got stopped between Yoakum & Cuero. When the cop
      > asked me why I was speeding, I just started bawling.
      > He gave me a warning. I'm exhausted.
      > Twyla

    • Laura Pilgrim
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014
        I want to thank those of you who responded to my request for prayers for my daughter, Laurette. She bravely fought her battle with metastatic breast cancer for several years but it finally won. She passed away peacefully Wednesday, March 5th. She was only 54. We, (her son and daughter and parents) are doing okay but further prayers for the family are certainly appreciated . Thank you again my friends.
        Love to all, Lolly

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Janet Tucker
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014
          I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
          Jan Tucker

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014

            My thoughts and prayers go to your family. So sorry for your terrible loss.

            Lydia Luza Mousner