Harris County Chapter SpringFest - Sunday, April 7, 2013

  • Jean Rayhill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 7:44 AM
      This is a reminder that the Czech Heritage Society of Harris County will have their annual SpringFest on Sunday, April 7, 2013.

      Please join us at the SPJST Lodge 88 Hall, 1435 Beall St., Houston.  We will be serving a Traditional Czech Sunday Dinner from 11:00 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M.  We will also be serving Soup and Sausage with Sauerkraut beginning at 1:00 p.m.

      Special guest artist, Frantiska Snopkova, from the Czech Republic,  will demonstrate making Corn Husk Dolls and other items.  Items will be available for purchase.  Also, returning for the second time will be the Wallachian Ensemble "Radhost" from Frenstat, Czech Republic, who will perform throughout the day with singing and dancing.

      The Kovanda Czech Band will play from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.  The Texas Legacy Band will play for your dancing pleasure from 3:00 p.m.  until 7:00 p.m.

      We will have a Silent Auction, with over 200 items; Vendor Booths selling their arts, handcrafts and jewelry; Plant Booth with plants for your spring garden; and our Country Store Booth with Kolaches, Czech Pastries, Home-Canned Goods, Bread, Cakes, Cookies and much more.

      Please mark your calendars for April 7  -  the first Sunday after Easter.  We look forward to seeing you there!