obit: Katherine M. Moraw Valenta

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013

      Katherine M. (Moraw) Valenta

      Oct. 21, 1924 — Feb. 9, 2005

      Services for Katherine M. (Moraw) Valenta, 80, of Bryan are set for 1 p.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church. Monsignor John McCaffrey will officiate. Entombment will be in Monsignor Gliessner Mausoleum. A rosary will be recited at 6 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Funeral Chapel in Bryan. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Mrs. Valenta died Wednesday at St. Joseph Manor.

      She was born in Cameron. She was a bookkeeper at Evans Library at Texas A&M University, where she worked for 37 years. She was a member of the AARP, the American Legion Ladies Auxillary and S.P.J.S.T. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church.

      She was preceded in death by her husband, Raymond Valenta.

      Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Carolyn and Ernest Kubin, Marilyn and Frank Klimek and Janice and James Ebner, all of Bryan; a son and daughter-in-law, Allen and Marie Valenta of Bryan; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Memorials may be made to St. Joseph Manor, 2333 Manor Dr., Bryan, Texas 77802 or St. Joseph School Trust Fund, 600 E. 26th St., Bryan, Texas 77803.

      Bryan-College Station Eagle - Bryan, TX

    • DAVID F
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
        Sunday March 24, 2013

        We are in shock over this news. We just heard from Robert Heine, his brother in law, that Robert Ermis died this morning of a heart attack. He was going to mass at St. Anne's when he passed out. They tried for an hour to revive him but to no avail. Funeral arrangements are not yet known, but he asked that we spread the word in the Czech community and with other bands Robert performed with.

        We've known Robert as a good, talented, caring person for many, many years and we will miss him very much.

        George & Kathy Jolly
        Kovanda's Czech Band

        As soon as we get further information on the Funeral Arrangements we will post them on your E-Mail
      • Paul J. Watthuber