email brochure

  • Leroy & Charlene
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
      Leo asked for an emailable brochure. My problem is my editor is not at
      home and won't be until Thursday. Would you all look at the attached
      word file and make constructive criticism for her.

      Dekuju a nashledanou,
      Leroy
    • Cindy Bolinger
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
        Leroy, the only error I found was on the application form, where it says membership runs from Jan 1 - Dec 1.  Your new site is looking very good.

        Cindy

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
          Hi, I was glancing over the brochure -- OUR SOCIETY'S PURPOSE IS: should be
          in place of OUR SOCIETIES PURPOSE.
          >Leo asked for an emailable brochure. My problem is my editor is not at
          >home and won't be until Thursday. Would you all look at the attached
          >word file and make constructive criticism for her.
          >
          >Dekuju a nashledanou,
          >Leroy

        • Richard Garza
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
            Hi Leroy,
            Looks like your new organization is off to a good start.
            Congratulations.

            Sharing. It's What It's All About!
            Rick Garza
            Sharing our Precious Heritage at:
            http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

            On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:03:37 -0500 Leroy & Charlene writes:
            > Leo asked for an emailable brochure. My problem is my editor is not
            > at
            > home and won't be until Thursday. Would you all look at the
            > attached
            > word file and make constructive criticism for her.
            >
            > Dekuju a nashledanou,
            > Leroy

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
          • SharonSims@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
              Here are some things to consider:

              1) First line after FOUNDED January 2001 --- "A Genealogical Society Founded
              by" should not have "Founded" capitalized.

              2) "OUR SOCIETIES PURPOSE IS" should read "OUR SOCIETY'S PURPOSE IS" (as
              someone has already pointed out).

              3) Point #1 under OUR SOCIETY'S PURPOSE IS should have ending punctuation (a
              period) like the other 4 points.

              4) Point #3 --- the phrase beginning with a parenthesis needs an ending
              parenthesis just before the period. Also, within this phrase, "including,
              but is not limited to" should read, "including, but not limited to" as it
              does in point #4.

              5) Under QUARTERLY PUBLICATION, shouldn't the months be listed in
              chronological order? (March, June, September, December)

              6) The first line under VISIT OUR HOMEPAGE, should read: "Our web site is
              scheduled to be online April 7. It will have the latest TCGS information;".

              7) Check all spacing before and after the use of hyphens to make it
              consistent.

              Sharon Barton Sims