blank messages

  • Darlene Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      HI guys!!

      Got a question. I do a Baker family site and some of the folks have
      been getting blank messages. NO content just an email with
      advertisment I think. Any explainations or suggestions.

      Thanks

      darlene baker
    • Lois Petter Pereira
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        Darlene I have been getting these too. They started about 2 months ago
        and I guess mainly due to
        the fact everyone deletes messages that look like sales pitches. I
        carefully opened a blank one and
        it was an ad. Now I delete all blank subject messages so FYI to everyone
        who emails me, please put
        a subject or it will be deleted. There are too many viruses out
        there............lois

        Darlene Baker wrote:

        > HI guys!!
        >
        > Got a question. I do a Baker family site and some of the folks have
        > been getting blank messages. NO content just an email with
        > advertisment I think. Any explainations or suggestions.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > darlene baker
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Click here to subscribe.]
        Click here to subscribe.

        Lois Petter Pereira
      • John L. Mikeska
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001

          Members, Lois message below regarding deleting blank messages with attachments is considered smart, and just 'Safe, Protected Surfacing'.  Don't take a chance by opening an attachment or file received from someone unannounced or do not know where it came from.  If you send a file with attachment  to anyone, as a courtesy put in something like 'attached is file containing 'whatever' so they will know what is attached and not delete it.

          Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
          Searching Mikeska/Scasta/Stasta/Balcar/Garrett/Nedbalek

          jlmikeska@...