1900 and 1910 digital census records for select Moravian villages

  • kate.challis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hey guys! I'm SO EXCITED because I just discovered online digital censuses for the 1900 and 1910 census of several Moravian villages, including some of my ancestors villages of origin!

      Here is a link:

      http://earchiv.ostrava.cz/amo/NavigBean.action?entity=%28^n%29%28%28%28localArchiv%2C^n%2Chot_%29%28unidata%29%29%2894092%29%29

      Here is a list of the villages included:
      - Hrabová
      - Hrabůvka
      - Krmelín
      - Krmelín-Starý dvůr
      - Krmelín-Světlov
      - Mariánské Hory
      - Moravská Ostrava
      - Nová Bělá
      - Nová Bělá-Mitrovice
      - Nová Ves
      - Proskovice
      - Přívoz
      - Stará Bělá
      - Stará Ves
      - Vítkovice
      - Výškovice
      - Zábřeh

      They are organized by house number. They are also very legible.

      This could help many people to break through some brick walls where parish records fall short. Also, it's just great to gather evidence from many different sources. A body of direct evidence is more convincing than one piece of direct evidence.

      Happy searching!

      Kate