Kolaches

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 11, 2013

      I live in the best kolache town on earth – Ellinger.  My house is 1 minute away from Hruska’s Store and great kolaches.  Although many claim the recipe as theirs, I know it is my deceased brother-in-law’s Czech mother’s recipe.  So far, I  have calculated that each kolache I eat adds another pound to my frame.  So I can only indulge occasionally.

      Life doesn’t get any better than this.

      Rosemary

    • R E Davis
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 11, 2013
        Yes ma'am, you do!!!

        Was your brother-in-law a Zaskoda? Because I have always said that
        Hruska’s recipe was my adoptive mother's family recipe.
      • R E Davis
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 11, 2013
          Oops. That was meant for Rosemary Ermis, not the entire group.

          Never hit Reply All. Never hit Reply All.

          On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM, R E Davis <r.elise.d@...> wrote:
          > Yes ma'am, you do!!!
          >
          > Was your brother-in-law a Zaskoda? Because I have always said that
          > Hruska’s recipe was my adoptive mother's family recipe.
        • Cindy Neal
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 11, 2013
            I have to agree with Rosemary.  I was afraid they would lose something with the “new” bakery/store, but they’re every bit as good as ever Smile

            Cindy

            Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:44 AM
            Subject: [TexasCzechs] Kolaches

            I live in the best kolache town on earth – Ellinger.  My house is 1 minute away from Hruska’s Store and great kolaches.  Although many claim the recipe as theirs, I know it is my deceased brother-in-law’s Czech mother’s recipe.  So far, I  have calculated that each kolache I eat adds another pound to my frame.  So I can only indulge occasionally.

            Life doesn’t get any better than this.

            Rosemary

            No virus found in this message.

          • Rosemary Ermis
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 11, 2013
              Quite a few people claim the kolache recipe originated with their
              grandmothers. Depends on who you ask in Ellinger.