Thank you for the prayers

  • Twyla G. Hruska Hare
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2001
      I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful words of
      inspiration and prayers from all of you. Things are worsening.
      Dad's PSA's are now over 500 and he's been given 2 units of blood.
      He will start radiation tomorrow morning to shrink the postate and
      will be moved to a skilled nursing home. Mother will be moved there
      as well as she is also unable to care for herself. I will be going
      down for the weekend. Again thank you all for your support.
      Twyla
    • Richard.Kotrla@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29, 2001
        Twyla:

        Our prayers continue to be with you.

        Things don't look good, I understand.

        But hang in there!!!!!!

        Richard Kotrla

        --- In texasczechs@y..., "Twyla G. Hruska Hare" <tgh7433@t...> wrote:
        > I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful words of
        > inspiration and prayers from all of you. Things are worsening.
        > Dad's PSA's are now over 500 and he's been given 2 units of blood.
        > He will start radiation tomorrow morning to shrink the postate and
        > will be moved to a skilled nursing home. Mother will be moved there
        > as well as she is also unable to care for herself. I will be going
        > down for the weekend. Again thank you all for your support.
        > Twyla
      • Jan
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2001
          Twyla -

          I'm sure I speak for the whold Texas Czechs groups when I say we are still
          praying for you and your family. I hope you dad takes a turn for the
          better.

          Jan

        • darlenbaker@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2001
            Twyla-- hope you get this.  keep up posted on how your folks are.

            let me know what place they are staying at.  maybe can go visit if they are
            in or around Victoria.

            darlene baker
          • Twyla G. Hare
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2001
              Darlene:
              Thanks for your prayers.  Dad is in Citizens at Victoria, Room 474.  Saw him for the first time on Saturday and after 2 units of blood and 1 day of radiation, he was having a good day.  Today was a different story.  He wasn't so good.  He looked more pale and had deep circles around his eyes.  Is suppose that is how it's going to be.  The cancer has spread into 2 more ribs.  Blood tests aren't showing anything abnormal other than elevated PSA's.  Mom seems to be rallying.  For the first time in over 3 years, she's gotten out of the house.  She lives in Yorktown and went with us to visit him on Saturday.  We even went out to eat afterwards.  I think that the only other problem with her, other than her medical condition, is her orneriness!!  I feel like I just want to go to sleep for a long while and awake to find that this is all just a bad dream.  I will be going down again next weekend.  I got stopped between Yoakum & Cuero.  When the cop asked me why I was speeding, I just started bawling.  He gave me a warning.  I'm exhausted.
              Twyla
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2001
                Tywla:

                Everyone on the list is supporting you with our thoughts and
                prayers during this challenging time. Your extended family loves
                you. Please remember we are here collectively as a list and
                individually to lift you up. Don't hesitate to let us be your safety
                net.

                Richard Kotrla

                --- In texasczechs@y..., "Twyla G. Hare" <tgh7433@t...> wrote:
                > Darlene:
                > Thanks for your prayers. Dad is in Citizens at Victoria, Room 474.
                Saw him for the first time on Saturday and after 2 units of blood and
                1 day of radiation, he was having a good day. Today was a different
                story. He wasn't so good. He looked more pale and had deep circles
                around his eyes. Is suppose that is how it's going to be. The cancer
                has spread into 2 more ribs. Blood tests aren't showing anything
                abnormal other than elevated PSA's. Mom seems to be rallying. For
                the first time in over 3 years, she's gotten out of the house. She
                lives in Yorktown and went with us to visit him on Saturday. We even
                went out to eat afterwards. I think that the only other problem with
                her, other than her medical condition, is her orneriness!! I feel
                like I just want to go to sleep for a long while and awake to find
                that this is all just a bad dream. I will be going down again next
                weekend. I got stopped between Yoakum & Cuero. When the cop asked me
                why I was speeding, I just started bawling. He gave me a warning.
                I'm exhausted.
                > Twyla

                Service.
              • Nancy Sugarek
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                  Twyla,
                  Thanks for the update. Hang in there. You are
                  giving your parents a most wonderful gift...yourself.
                  Nancy
                  --- "Twyla G. Hare" <tgh7433@...> wrote:
                  > Darlene:
                  > Thanks for your prayers. Dad is in Citizens at
                  > Victoria, Room 474. Saw him for the first time on
                  > Saturday and after 2 units of blood and 1 day of
                  > radiation, he was having a good day. Today was a
                  > different story. He wasn't so good. He looked more
                  > pale and had deep circles around his eyes. Is
                  > suppose that is how it's going to be. The cancer
                  > has spread into 2 more ribs. Blood tests aren't
                  > showing anything abnormal other than elevated PSA's.
                  > Mom seems to be rallying. For the first time in
                  > over 3 years, she's gotten out of the house. She
                  > lives in Yorktown and went with us to visit him on
                  > Saturday. We even went out to eat afterwards. I
                  > think that the only other problem with her, other
                  > than her medical condition, is her orneriness!! I
                  > feel like I just want to go to sleep for a long
                  > while and awake to find that this is all just a bad
                  > dream. I will be going down again next weekend. I
                  > got stopped between Yoakum & Cuero. When the cop
                  > asked me why I was speeding, I just started bawling.
                  > He gave me a warning. I'm exhausted.
                  > Twyla

                • Laura Pilgrim
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014
                    I want to thank those of you who responded to my request for prayers for my daughter, Laurette. She bravely fought her battle with metastatic breast cancer for several years but it finally won. She passed away peacefully Wednesday, March 5th. She was only 54. We, (her son and daughter and parents) are doing okay but further prayers for the family are certainly appreciated . Thank you again my friends.
                    Love to all, Lolly

                    Sent from my iPhone
                  • Janet Tucker
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014
                      I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
                      Jan Tucker

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 7, 2014

                        My thoughts and prayers go to your family. So sorry for your terrible loss.

                        Lydia Luza Mousner