Re: [TexasCzechs] Bachelor's thesis - Czechs in Texas

  • Lucie Pustková
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
      Ahoj Paul,

      I thank you, that you answer to me.
      I´m concentrate to Texas, but I think, that you can tell me some information. In the next week I´m going to send you questionnaire.

      Have a nice day, Lucie

      P.S. I´m sorry for my english :)

      From: luciepustkov <luciepustkov@...>
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Bachelor's thesis - Czechs in Texas
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 10:03 AM

      Dear Sir or Madam,
      I am writing to you with large request. My name is Lucie Pustková and I come from Czech republic. (I am writing in English since I don't know if you still speak Czech). I have been studying history and Czech language for three years. In this year I would like to graduate from university in Brno. As the theme of my Bachelor's thesis I chose The emigration to Texas in the second half of 19th century. I am looking for some contacts (e.g. e-mail adress) for descendants of czech families that emigrated to Texas from North Moravia.
      I would like to ask you for cooperation and help with my thesis. I want to focus on these issues: if the families prospered, if they managed to do better or worse than in the Czech republic. If you were willing to collaborate with me, it would be very helpful.
      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Yours faithfully,
      Lucie Pustková.

      P.S. I thank very much to all the people who sent me a reply!However, I would be glad if someone else would respond to me. I need more contacts:-)