obit: Wilma Faye Williamson Pavelka

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013

      On February 16, 2013, Wilma Faye (Williamson) Pavelka, at age 85, left this earth with her son and some of her grandchildren by her side in Austin, TX. She called herself 'a tough old bird' who would give you her opinion whether you liked it or not; yet, she was a loving wife, sister, aunt, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great grandmother. Our hearts are heavy as we look ahead to the days without her wisdom and stories. Wilma was born in Bishop, Texas and grew up near Robstown and later in central Texas. She spent many days doing hard work in the fields, cooking for an 'army', and cleaning house even when it had already been done that day.

      When most people would retire, she took on caring for her grandson Christopher and always wanted everyone to treat him with respect. This paid off when he was old enough to take care of her after a stroke. Many a grandchild spent Spring Break, summer or even school years at grandma's house; sometimes for fun and sometimes to straighten up.

      Wilma was a passionate gardener known to grow beautiful rose bushes or bluebonnets from withered clippings - she loved her bluebonnets. She lived a long life where she had gardens, raised chickens, and relied on country ingenuity to get things done. For instance, when Joe was in the hospital, she created garments to keep the IV's neatly and comfortably attached.

      She was preceded in death by her husband Joe Pavelka, grandsons Charles Gears and Christopher Pavelka, son Robert Pavelka, and sisters Dorothy and Monetta. Wilma loved having family visit and still talked passionately about her younger days with Joe working the fields, driving a combine or dancing.

      The people whose lives she touched are plentiful but she will be missed most by her siblings and family both near and far. Among those left to remember are her children: Joanne & Chuck Gears of Bedias, TX, Joe "Jr" Pavelka of Lago Vista, TX., Bill & Carol Pavelka of Mobile, AL., George & Lita Pavelka of League City, TX.; grandchildren: Billye Jo Pavelka, LeeAnn Gears, Theresa Wade, Joe Pavelka VIII, Jennifer Pavelka, Phillip Pavelka, Travis Pavelka, Leslie West, Denise Permenter, and Danelle Pavelka. She has many great grandchildren and even great-great grandchildren. As we think of Wilma, we can remember the life and love that she always shared with all that knew her.

      Memorial service will be Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM at Clements-Wilcox Chapel.

      Clements-Wilcox Funeral Home