Harris County SpringFest April 7. 2013

  • realtexasgal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      The Czech Heritage Society of Harris County wishes to extend an invitation to our 18th Annual Czech SpringFest.

      Our Guest Artist will be Frantiska Snopkova, Master Corn Husk Doll Maker from the Czech Republic. She will demonstrate how to create items using corn husks. Items will be available to purchase.

      Returning for the second time will be the Wallachian Ensemble "Radhost" from Frenstat, Czech Republic, who will perform throughout the day with singing and dancing.

      The Kovanda Czech Band will plany from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The Texas Legacy Czech Band will play for your dancing pleasure from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.

      There will be a Silent Auction; Vendor Booths selling their arts, handcrafts and jewelry; Plant Booth; Country Store Booth with Kolaches, Czech Pastries, Home-Canned Goods, Bread, Cakes, Cookies and much more.

      So please visit our festival on Sunday April 7, 2013 at the SPJST Lodge 88 Hall, 1435 Beall St., Houston, Tx. We'll serve our Traditional Czech Sunday Dinner from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. We will also serve Soup and Sausage with Sauerkraut beginning at 1:00 p.m. for those not-so-hungry folks.

      Hope to see you there!
    • realtexasgal
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013

        This is a reminder that the Harris County Czech Heritage Society will have their annual SpringFest on Sunday, April 7, 2013.

        Please join us at the SPJST Lodge 88 Hall, 1435 Beall St. Houston.  We will serve a Traditional Czech Sunday Dinner from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.   We will also serve home-made Czech Soup and also  Sausage and Sauerkraut beginning at 1:00 p.m

        Special guest artist, Frantiska Snopkova, from the Czech Republic, will demonstrate making Corn Husk Dolls and other items.  Items will be available for purchase.  Also, returning for the second time, will be the  Wallachian Ensemble "Radhost" from Frenstat, Czech Republic, who will perform throughout the day with singing and dancing.

        The Kovanda Czech Band will plan from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.  The Texas Legacy Band will play for your dancing pleasure from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.

        There will be a Silent Auction with over 200 items; Vendor Booths selling their arts, handcrafts and jewelry; Plant Booth; and our Country Store Booth with Kolaches, Czech Pastries, Home-Canned Goods, Bread, Cakes, Cookies and much more.

        Pleae mark your calendars for April 7 - the first Sunday after Easter.  We look forward to seeing you there!