Book of Orphans and Missing burial record

  • Marie Neuman Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2013

      I am researching Joseph Krzenek (Krenek) of Valasska Bystrice, Moravia, near Roznov.   I found his death date in the Roznov “Book of Orphans”.  According to this record, he died 04 Feb 1811.  He left five children who received funds from 1813 through 1824.

      I revisited the Matriky Archives for the village of Valasska Bystrice.  There is no burial record for Joseph Krzenek for this date or any other dates approximate to 1811.

      If he had died as a soldier, where would his death have been recorded?

      I am not familiar with the “Book of Orphans”.  What qualified a family to be recorded in this book, beside the death of the father?

      Truly,

      Marie Neuman Gray

      Texas