Czech districts and municipalities on familysearch.org

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
      I have tried to look at the land and census records on familysearch.org but can't figure out what I am looking at. There are lists of "districts" but no municipalities. I tried to figure out what municipalties were in each district, but couldn't find a list, just district names, general maps, and a total number of municipalities in each district.

      Am I missing something obvious? I would like to use the land and census records, but so far I can't figure out where to start looking.

      Any help would be appreciated,

      Valorie Michna
    • kate.challis
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
        Valorie - I have the same exact problem. I just emailed this query to my friend who works with the Czech historical records at familysearch. As soon as I hear something, I will post something.

        Frustrating to find anything without municipalities. Even more frustrating when things that are labeled one way turn out to be something completely different. And 800 pages. Yikes!

        I do know that there are many familysearch indexing projects going on with the Parish records. Most of these are from Třebon. I don't think they have acquired the Parish Records of the Regional Archives of Opava yet - or at least, I have not seen them posted.

        Kate