obit: Shirley Faye Simecek Kent

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2013

      Shirley Faye Kent~

      YOAKUM: Shirley Faye Kent, age 55, of Federal Way, WA and formerly of Yoakum, passed away on Friday, January 20, 2012.

      She was born October 3, 1956 in Shiner, Texas to Marvin D. and Luella H. Fishbeck Simecek.  She was a homemaker.

      Shirley was born and raised in Texas. She married in April 1985 and moved to Anchorage, Alaska in 1986. During that time she enjoyed visiting friends and family, weekend drives, fishing, camping and most of all her photography.

      Shirley was a selfless woman that would drop whatever she was doing to help those in need. She had an excellent memory and although she never graduated H.S. she was a very smart woman. She had a charismatic effect on everyone she came in contact with and once you got to know her, you had a life long friend.

      She moved to Federal Way, WA in 1995 and due to an accident that prevented her from doing most of the things she enjoyed and she liked to play bingo.

      I give thanks to God Almighty for bringing Shirley into my life. I’m a better man and understand what it means to “Stop and Smell the Roses” because of her. Shirley was the love of my life and my best friend. I’ve been blessed in more ways than words can describe and this world as we know it will never be the same without her.

      Shirley, I’m already missing you and will always love you.

      Survivors: husband, Charles E. Kent, III; mother, Luella Dvorak; siblings, Raymond Simecek, Mark Simecek, Michael Dvorak, Joan Smith, Gayle Cowan and Jason Simecek.

      Family visitation was on Saturday, January 28, 2012, from 4 p.m. till 7 p.m. at the funeral home.  Funeral services were on Sunday, January 29, 2012, at 3 p.m. at Holy Cross Lutheran Church with Rev. Jonathan Mielke officiating. Burial at Yoakum Restland Cemetery.

      Thiele Cooper Funeral Home