obit: Roy E. Wavra - mom Slanina

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013

      Name: Roy E. Wavra, 57

      Died: June 24, 2012, in Houston, Texas

      Roy E. Wavra, 57, of Houston, Texas passed away on June 24, 2012 in Houston, TX. He was born on November 17, 1954 to Milton Wilfred Wavra and Charlene Mary (Slanina) Wavra in Weimar, Texas. Roy worked as a general foreman on large telephone construction jobs. On August 6, 1993, he married Miriam I. Wasson. Roy has lived in Houston for the past 37 years.

      Roy is survived by his wife, Miriam "Mimi" I.Wavra of Houston, TX. He was preceded in death by parents, Milton Wilfred and Charlene Mary (Slanina) Wavra, and grandparents, Anton and Elizabeth (Mai) Wavra, Charles and Mary (Novasad) Slanina.

      Visitation will be held Friday, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Henneke Funeral Home in Columbus, Texas.  Memorial services will be held on Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM at Henneke Funeral Home in Columbus with Deacon Bennie Holesovsky officiating.  Burial will take place in St. Anthony Catholic Cemetery in Columbus.

      Memorials are suggested to the charity of your choice

      Henneke Funeral Home