Czechs of Texas Website Update

  • Melissa Eckhoff
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hello,

      Just letting you know that more photos have been added to St. Rose of Lima Cemetery in Schulenburg.

      Here is a link to the cemetery: http://www.czechsoftexas.com/wp/2012/09/03/st-rose-of-lima-catholic-cemetery-schulenburg-texas/

      Thanks!

      Melissa
    • Tony Janak
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
        Thank you good to know
        Tony Janak

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
          50 tombstones have been added to Mt. Calvary Cemetery-Bryan, Texas.

          http://www.czechsoftexas.com/category/brazos-county/

          Thanks!

          Melissa
        • goodwater
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
            Melissa, I don't purposely want to pour water on your project of "Czechs of Texas." You are to be commended for your effort in preserving our ancestral heritage. But, your hard word in posting
            the information about the cemeteries of our ancestors is a duplication of the same information that can be found at "Find A Grave" website.

            Take a look at this web site and just put in my surname of Naizer, then select Texas and then select Williamson County and you will find the information plus photos of each grave in the two parish Cemeteries in Granger. Try Vacek and Fayette county and you will have all Vaceks buried in St. John's the Baptist in Ammannsville and other cemeteries in Fayette County.

            This is where I have found the dates of births and deaths,gravestone photos and in many cases the obituary of so many of my ancestorial family.

            Keep up your web site with information about the towns of our ancestors, traditions, etc.

            Hank

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Eckhoff <melissa_eckhoff@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Just letting you know that more photos have been added to St. Rose of Lima Cemetery in Schulenburg.
            >
            > Here is a link to the cemetery: http://www.czechsoftexas.com/wp/2012/09/03/st-rose-of-lima-catholic-cemetery-schulenburg-texas/
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Melissa

          • Lydia
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
              Since all graves are not listed onFind a Grave; I think Melissa is providing a great service by listing Czechs within each cemetery.

              Thanks,
              Lydia Mousner

              Sent from my iPad

              On Mar 11, 2013, at 9:55 AM, "goodwater" <hlnaizer@...> wrote:

              Melissa, I don't purposely want to pour water on your project of "Czechs of Texas." You are to be commended for your effort in preserving our ancestral heritage. But, your hard word in posting
              the information about the cemeteries of our ancestors is a duplication of the same information that can be found at "Find A Grave" website.

              Take a look at this web site and just put in my surname of Naizer, then select Texas and then select Williamson County and you will find the information plus photos of each grave in the two parish Cemeteries in Granger. Try Vacek and Fayette county and you will have all Vaceks buried in St. John's the Baptist in Ammannsville and other cemeteries in Fayette County.

              This is where I have found the dates of births and deaths,gravestone photos and in many cases the obituary of so many of my ancestorial family.

              Keep up your web site with information about the towns of our ancestors, traditions, etc.

              Hank

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Eckhoff <melissa_eckhoff@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > Just letting you know that more photos have been added to St. Rose of Lima Cemetery in Schulenburg.
              >
              > Here is a link to the cemetery: http://www.czechsoftexas.com/wp/2012/09/03/st-rose-of-lima-catholic-cemetery-schulenburg-texas/
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Melissa

            • Melissa Eckhoff
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
                I have it on my website just in case Find-A-Grave disappears, starts charging for a membership, etc. I don't think it hurts to have the information in more than one place. That is why I do it :)

                On Mar 11, 2013, at 2:11 PM, Lydia <lmousner@...> wrote:

                Since all graves are not listed onFind a Grave; I think Melissa is providing a great service by listing Czechs within each cemetery.

                Thanks,
                Lydia Mousner

                Sent from my iPad

                On Mar 11, 2013, at 9:55 AM, "goodwater" <hlnaizer@...> wrote:

                Melissa, I don't purposely want to pour water on your project of "Czechs of Texas." You are to be commended for your effort in preserving our ancestral heritage. But, your hard word in posting
                the information about the cemeteries of our ancestors is a duplication of the same information that can be found at "Find A Grave" website.

                Take a look at this web site and just put in my surname of Naizer, then select Texas and then select Williamson County and you will find the information plus photos of each grave in the two parish Cemeteries in Granger. Try Vacek and Fayette county and you will have all Vaceks buried in St. John's the Baptist in Ammannsville and other cemeteries in Fayette County.

                This is where I have found the dates of births and deaths,gravestone photos and in many cases the obituary of so many of my ancestorial family.

                Keep up your web site with information about the towns of our ancestors, traditions, etc.

                Hank

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Eckhoff <melissa_eckhoff@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > Just letting you know that more photos have been added to St. Rose of Lima Cemetery in Schulenburg.
                >
                > Here is a link to the cemetery: http://www.czechsoftexas.com/wp/2012/09/03/st-rose-of-lima-catholic-cemetery-schulenburg-texas/
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Melissa

              • Melissa Eckhoff
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 12, 2013
                  Hello all,

                  I just wanted to let you know a new page has been added: Lavaca County-Unidentified. There are 5 pictures that are full of unknown people. If you can check them out and see if you can recognize anyone, I would greatly appreciate it!

                  http://www.czechsoftexas.com/category/lavaca-county-unidentified/

                  Thanks!

                  Melissa
                • Matt Cross
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 13, 2013
                    You might consider sending these pictures to the Lavaca GenWeb coordinator.

                    Matt Cross

                    Sent from my Windows Phone

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 13, 2013
                      Great idea!