RE: [TexasCzechs] My Great Great Great Great Great GrandPa Koncaba

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013

      Congratulations on your find !

      Rosemary

      From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JowNTx
      Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:17 PM
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] My Great Great Great Great Great GrandPa Koncaba

      (I followed Gerri's lead to the Czech archives and found this book. I just made e-mail contact with the author, Irena Cejnarova) The book also has alot of Koudelka Family history in it.

      The book "Pametni kniha obce Rakov 1360 to 2012" by Irena Cejnarova has alot of Koncaba family history in it that ties in directly to us!

      Translated the book title is "Memorial book of the village Rakov". It's written in Czech.

      Here's what we already know -

      Grandfather Anton Jim Koncaba Jr., wife Angelina Berckenhoff

      Great Grandfather Anton Koncaba Sr., wife Bertha Gaertner

      Great Great Grandfather Joseph Koncaba, wife Annie Wagner

      Joseph Koncaba came to America in 1885

      Great Great Great Grandfather John Koncaba, wife Mary Hubalova

      The above information I already knew thru research and Death Certificates etc here.

      Here's the tie ins -

      Great Great Great Grandfather Jan (John) Kolcaba (Craft - a Crofter), wife Marie (Mary) daughter of Melchoir Hubala of Krestovic, Czech Republic.

      Great Great Great Great Grandfather Jan (John) Kolcava (Craft - a Tailor), wife Rosalie daughter of Tomas Komarek of Rakov, Czech Republic, House number 3.

      Married on Nov 22, 1796

      "This name is originally in matrix births Writing - Kolcawa!!"
      "The familywalked over as others living in municipal cottage cp. 4, into the general cottages in Rakov in cp. 5th Jan lived here Poltchubu, sojourner with his wife Rosalia,daughter of Tomas Komarek Rakova."

      "Summer of 1835, 5 January, Rakov cp. 5,Rosalia, widow of John Kolcawa, crofters, cat, 62 years old, difficulty breathing, clothe P. Vacl. Stiller, buried in thecemetery in Bernadice, Czech Republic ( A little larger town close to Rakov.)"

      Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather Tomas Kolcava of Sepekov, Czech Republic

      I have alot more research to do translating the book from Czech to English etc. and crosschecking everything. I can say that the Koncaba's came from Rakov, Czech Republic and the surrounding towns like Bernadice.

      You can read about the book here -

      www.bernartice.cz/fotoalbum/setkani- rodaku-rakov-a-krest...

      Also you find Rakov, CZ. on Google maps. It's still a small town with about 350 residents.

      Joe Koncaba