obit: Nancy Lou Chandler Davis Staskey

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013

      Nancy Lou Chandler was born the second child to Arthur and Ludell Chandler in Heights Hospital November the 19th 1943. She had an older sister Pat and then later came Jeannie, Arthur Jr, and Peggy. They lived on Navigation in Houston,Tx. When Nancy was six years old the family moved to a farm in Humble,Tx. There they had horses which her and her sisters loved to ride. They also had cows, pigs, goats, and chickens. They were always very close to the whole family and they had big family dinners every weekend. In 1959 the family moved back to Houston on Heights Boulevard. Nancy attended Reagan High School and graduated in 1961. February 16,1962

      Nancy married her High school sweetheart Floyd Davis (Bunny) and she became Nancy Davis. July 23,1963 their first daughter Rhonda Lea was born. Nancy and Bunny moved to the suburbs of Houston and purchased their first house. She met her best friend Donna Woodard and were friends till the end. Rhonda must have been a hand full because they waited until 8 years later to have another daughter. April 8,1971 Denise Lynn was born. Life seemed good they were living the American Dream.

      Tragedy struck on May 25, 1972 at the age of 29, Bunny died of a massive heart attack. Nancy was 28 years old and left to raise two little girls all alone. I think this is when Mom became the rock, although we didn't give her that nick name until years later. She was a strong woman she took charge and held her head high and raised us girls the best way she knew how. She was an excellent house keeper and cook. We always had home cooked meals and our clothes were always perfect. We put her through some hard times but she held strong like a rock.

      September 26, 1983 Nancy became a grandmother for the first time. Crystal Denise Sims a baby girl. Nancy had a boyfriend Bill Gentry many years during these times and parted ways sometime in 1984. Nancy met Eugene Staskey sometime around 1986. Gene an Nancy both had teenage daughters Gina and Denise at home and were busy raising teenagers. They fell in love and they started to have great times together. They had a close niche of friends and they all loved to go country dancing. Soon the daughters were grown and Gina was married and gave birth to their first grandson Earon Tourville on December the 18, 1995. Now Nancy had another daughter and grandson.

      Nancy and Gene married April 26, 1997. She became Nancy Staskey and we all became a full family. Nancy and Gene loved to travel and they made many trips to Las Vegas. Nancy's favorite destination, she had to go every year. Nancy worked for Texas Commerce bank until early retirement in 1994.

      Now she was free to pursue her true loves work. Antiques, She loved antiques and especially kitchen gadgets, she was always hunting a bargain. ( How cheap can I buy it and how much can I get for it.) Gene was always by her side at auctions and estate sales waiting to load her treasures in the Tahoe. She purchased an antique shop Past connections in the heights on 19th street and she was in heaven. This is where she met her good friend Brian, they were antiquing buddies. She sold the shop some years later and became a dealer at the Antique Gallery. Nancy's motto was a sign she had hanging in her kitchen "My Grandmother used it, My Mom threw it, and I bought it" January 21, 2010 Nancy's baby Grandson was born Austin Eugene Davis she loved that baby to death and she babysat with him a lot while Denise worked, so she got to be very close with him.

      July 2011 Nancy was diagnosed with stage IV Colo-rectal cancer and all though she gave it all the fight she had, it was just to powerful. The Lord took her to heaven December 1, 2011 at 4:13pm. She was surrounded by her family. Gene, Gina, Rhonda, Denise and Crystal.

      Cypress Fairbanks Funeral Home