Re: [TexasCzechs] Gaydos Family Tree

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hello,

      My Grandma was Julia Dybala and her Mom was Franes Gajdos married to Vincence(Jim) Dybala.  Frances' parents were Frank Gajdos and Agnes Janecka.  My Grandpa Anton Korenek's parents were Joseph Korenek and Anna Vaclavik.  So did I manage to confuse you?
      I was a Herzik from Ammannsville.  My parents were Emil and Frances Korenek Herzik.  My Mom's parents were Anton Korenek and Julia Dybala.
      Have you tried looking at www.familysearch.org - sometime you get lucky and find someone that connects to your family!  We've been doing research off and on since the late 90's.
      later, Julie Matus

      On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM, josephn <josephtabogaydosneeley@...> wrote:

      Hi, i'm Joseph Gaydos on my Father side and i just want to know if there are any Gaydos members out there that could have information on my family tree. The furthest i have reached was Vaclav Gaydos (jim) in the U.S. and his sliblings and his wife Annie Waclavik. I have been doing research since probably about 2004 or so, off and on. So if there are any Gaydos out there that could possibly contact me, go ahead and reply back. Thank You.

      --
      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
        Hello Joseph! I sent you a reply to your Yahoo email w/the info I have
        and a link to another relative's tree. I do hope you received it,
        please let me know. We are related, as our great-grandparents were
        Vaclav & Annie (Waclavik) Gaydos. Also, as Julie mentioned, sometimes
        it was spelled Gajdos, my father said it was lost in translation @ Ellis
        Island, but not sure. Thank you, Cheryl Gaydos Shaw
      • Judy Berry
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hi Julie,

               I noticed that your ggrandmother was an Anna Vaclavik. I have been searching for an Ana Marie Vaclavik, born in January 1883, in Fayetteville, TX., baptized at St. John's. Her parents were Joseph and Veronika (Poncik) Vaclavik. Any connection?

          Judy Berry

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
            Hello Cheryl,

                 I noticed your reference to an Annie Vaclavik. I am searching for an Ana Marie Vaclavik, born in January 1883 in Fayetteville, to Joseph and Veronica (Poncik) Vaclavik. Any connection?

            Judy Berry
            Hello Joseph! I sent you a reply to your Yahoo email w/the info I have
            and a link to another relative's tree. I do hope you received it,
            please let me know. We are related, as our great-grandparents were
            Vaclav & Annie (Waclavik) Gaydos. Also, as Julie mentioned, sometimes
            it was spelled Gajdos, my father said it was lost in translation @ Ellis
            Island, but not sure. Thank you, Cheryl Gaydos Shaw

            No virus found in this message.

          • Julie Matus
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
              Hi Judy -

              Well, my Anna Vaclavik was born in 1862 in Czechoslovakia and I don't have any parents for her.  So different one - darn!

              This genealogy is like a giant puzzle!!!  Sure is fun when you find a piece that fits!!

              Julie Matus

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
                Thanks for your help, Julie. At least this eliminates another possibility. Genealogy, I agree, is bewildering at times.