Gaydos Family Tree

  • josephn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hi, i'm Joseph Gaydos on my Father side and i just want to know if there are any Gaydos members out there that could have information on my family tree. The furthest i have reached was Vaclav Gaydos (jim) in the U.S. and his sliblings and his wife Annie Waclavik. I have been doing research since probably about 2004 or so, off and on. So if there are any Gaydos out there that could possibly contact me, go ahead and reply back. Thank You.
    • Julie Matus
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
        Hello,

        My Grandma was Julia Dybala and her Mom was Franes Gajdos married to Vincence(Jim) Dybala.  Frances' parents were Frank Gajdos and Agnes Janecka.  My Grandpa Anton Korenek's parents were Joseph Korenek and Anna Vaclavik.  So did I manage to confuse you?
        I was a Herzik from Ammannsville.  My parents were Emil and Frances Korenek Herzik.  My Mom's parents were Anton Korenek and Julia Dybala.
        Have you tried looking at www.familysearch.org - sometime you get lucky and find someone that connects to your family!  We've been doing research off and on since the late 90's.
        later, Julie Matus

        --
        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hello Joseph! I sent you a reply to your Yahoo email w/the info I have
          and a link to another relative's tree. I do hope you received it,
          please let me know. We are related, as our great-grandparents were
          Vaclav & Annie (Waclavik) Gaydos. Also, as Julie mentioned, sometimes
          it was spelled Gajdos, my father said it was lost in translation @ Ellis
          Island, but not sure. Thank you, Cheryl Gaydos Shaw
        • Judy Berry
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
            Hi Julie,

                 I noticed that your ggrandmother was an Anna Vaclavik. I have been searching for an Ana Marie Vaclavik, born in January 1883, in Fayetteville, TX., baptized at St. John's. Her parents were Joseph and Veronika (Poncik) Vaclavik. Any connection?

            Judy Berry

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
              Hello Cheryl,

                   I noticed your reference to an Annie Vaclavik. I am searching for an Ana Marie Vaclavik, born in January 1883 in Fayetteville, to Joseph and Veronica (Poncik) Vaclavik. Any connection?

              Judy Berry
              Hello Joseph! I sent you a reply to your Yahoo email w/the info I have
              and a link to another relative's tree. I do hope you received it,
              please let me know. We are related, as our great-grandparents were
              Vaclav & Annie (Waclavik) Gaydos. Also, as Julie mentioned, sometimes
              it was spelled Gajdos, my father said it was lost in translation @ Ellis
              Island, but not sure. Thank you, Cheryl Gaydos Shaw

              No virus found in this message.

            • Julie Matus
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
                Hi Judy -

                Well, my Anna Vaclavik was born in 1862 in Czechoslovakia and I don't have any parents for her.  So different one - darn!

                This genealogy is like a giant puzzle!!!  Sure is fun when you find a piece that fits!!

                Julie Matus

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Thanks for your help, Julie. At least this eliminates another possibility. Genealogy, I agree, is bewildering at times.