obit: Dr. Alfred H. Staffa

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012

      Dr. Alfred H. Staffa of 221 N. Waverly, an optometrist in private practice at 1608 S. Buckner since 1949, died Tuesday in a Dallas hospital.

      A native of Hallettsville, Lavaca County, Staffa had been a Dallas resident 23 years.

      He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War I and a member of Barracks 97 of the Veterans of World War I and American Legion Post No. 275.

      He was a member of Hella Temple shrine, Mike Thomas Masonic Lodge, Knights of Templar No. 82 and a life member of the Knights of Templar Eye foundation.

      Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Dudley M. Hughes Funeral Chapel, 400 E. Jefferson.  Burial will be in Laurel Land Memorial Park.

      Survivors include his wife, Orby, one daughter and one son.

      Dallas Morning News, February 21, 1973

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis