Re: Unable to read posts

  • carlgenlnrt
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
      If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.

      Carl

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

      > Valorie, I've been having the very same problem, off and on, for several months. I haven't said anything because I thought it was just my computer doing something strange. Hope somebody has a solution.
      >
      > Thanks, Lolly Petter Pilgrim
      >
      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a reason I am unable to read many of the postings when I click on them? This has happened to me several times in the last week. All I am able to read is the preview and there is a big blank space where the posting should be.
      > >
      > > Any help/info would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Valorie

    • Laura
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
        I've tried that option more than once. Doesn't work for me. Yesterdays messages still do not come up but today's do. It's been an off and on problem for several months. Sometimes they appear...sometimes they don't...then later on they do. I don't believe it's my computer. Everthing else is working fine on it. Thanks anyway. Lolly

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

        > If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.
        >
        > Carl
      • carlgenlnrt
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
          Another option would be at the very top above the message number there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can read 30 messages on one screen.

          Carl

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

          > I've tried that option more than once. Doesn't work for me. Yesterdays messages still do not come up but today's do. It's been an off and on problem for several months. Sometimes they appear...sometimes they don't...then later on they do. I don't believe it's my computer. Everthing else is working fine on it. Thanks anyway. Lolly
          >
          > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.
          > >
          > > Carl

        • Laura
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
            Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099, 67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123 do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
            As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they say.

            Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for you?

            Thanks, Lolly

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

            > Another option would be at the very top above the message number there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can read 30 messages on one screen.
            >
            > Carl
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
              Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
              scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
              listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
              amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
              appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
              fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
              Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.

              So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
              months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
              this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
              formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
              Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
              fully read a posted message.

              One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
              "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
              the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
              you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.

              Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
              to be a vexing problem.

              By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
              posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
              website.

              Mike Hejl

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

              > Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
              it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
              67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
              do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
              > As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
              between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
              say.

              > Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
              that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
              you?

              > Thanks, Lolly
              >
              > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
              there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
              read 30 messages on one screen.

              > > Carl

            • Robert and Nancy
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                I suspect that the problem lies somewhere in the group settings on the
                YahooGroup homepage. YahooGroups may have made some changes to their
                default group settings that caused this problem. Could one of the
                moderators check to see if there is something that can be changed to fix the
                problem?

                Nancy

                > Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
                > scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
                > listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
                > amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
                > appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                > fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                > Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.
                >
                > So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
                > months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
                > this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
                > formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
                > Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
                > fully read a posted message.
                >
                > One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                > "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
                > the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
                > you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.
                >
                > Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
                > to be a vexing problem.
                >
                > By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
                > posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
                > website.
                >
                > Mike Hejl
                >

                > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
                > it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
                > 67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
                > do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                >> As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
                > between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
                > say.
                >>
                >> Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
                > that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
                > you?
                >>
                >> Thanks, Lolly
                >>
                >> --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
                > there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
                > read 30 messages on one screen.
                >> >
                >> > Carl

              • Rosemary Ermis
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012

                  I use the TexasCzechs website constantly to keep from submitting duplicate obits.  About six weeks ago I noticed that I couldn’t open  my own e-mails from my cvctx.com address.  I can open the ones from previous e-mail addresses prior to our move to Ellinger.

                  There is one thing I’ve been doing.  When I find I have submitted two identical obits, I have been deleting one of them.  Perhaps in doing this, I have affected the website.

                  Please forgive me if it’s my fault.

                  Rosemary

                  Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
                  scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
                  listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
                  amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
                  appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                  fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                  Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.

                  So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
                  months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
                  this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
                  formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
                  Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
                  fully read a posted message.

                  One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                  "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
                  the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
                  you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.

                  Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
                  to be a vexing problem.

                  By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
                  posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
                  website.

                  Mike Hejl

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
                  it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
                  67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
                  do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                  > As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
                  between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
                  say.

                  > Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
                  that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
                  you?

                  > Thanks, Lolly
                  >
                  > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
                  there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
                  read 30 messages on one screen.

                  > > Carl

                • Laura
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Hi Mike,

                    You said,
                    <One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                    "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.>

                    That does work, thanks. I do hope the original way of viewing the messages returns to those of us who are experiencing this problem though. I too have felt it has something to do with Yahoo. Like you said, it's a vexing situation, but, Rosemary, we're not blaming you.

                    Mike, you also said,
                    >The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                    > fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                    > Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.>

                    I apologize for listing #67104 as I am able to read it in its entirety also. I listed those messages in too big of a hurry. Sorry.

                    Lolly