Unable to read posts

  • vmichna
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012
      Is there a reason I am unable to read many of the postings when I click on them? This has happened to me several times in the last week. All I am able to read is the preview and there is a big blank space where the posting should be.

      Any help/info would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Valorie
    • Laura
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012
        Valorie, I've been having the very same problem, off and on, for several months. I haven't said anything because I thought it was just my computer doing something strange. Hope somebody has a solution.

        Thanks, Lolly Petter Pilgrim

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

        > Is there a reason I am unable to read many of the postings when I click on them? This has happened to me several times in the last week. All I am able to read is the preview and there is a big blank space where the posting should be.
        >
        > Any help/info would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Valorie

      • Rosemary Ermis
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 19, 2012

          I’ve found that I can read the posts except those from my present e-mail address.

          Rosemary

          Valorie, I've been having the very same problem, off and on, for several months. I haven't said anything because I thought it was just my computer doing something strange. Hope somebody has a solution.

          Thanks, Lolly Petter Pilgrim

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@...> wrote:

          > Is there a reason I am unable to read many of the postings when I click on them? This has happened to me several times in the last week. All I am able to read is the preview and there is a big blank space where the posting should be.
          >
          > Any help/info would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Valorie

        • carlgenlnrt
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
            If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.

            Carl

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

            > Valorie, I've been having the very same problem, off and on, for several months. I haven't said anything because I thought it was just my computer doing something strange. Hope somebody has a solution.
            >
            > Thanks, Lolly Petter Pilgrim
            >
            > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "vmichna" <vmichna@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Is there a reason I am unable to read many of the postings when I click on them? This has happened to me several times in the last week. All I am able to read is the preview and there is a big blank space where the posting should be.
            > >
            > > Any help/info would be appreciated.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Valorie

          • Laura
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
              I've tried that option more than once. Doesn't work for me. Yesterdays messages still do not come up but today's do. It's been an off and on problem for several months. Sometimes they appear...sometimes they don't...then later on they do. I don't believe it's my computer. Everthing else is working fine on it. Thanks anyway. Lolly

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

              > If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.
              >
              > Carl
            • carlgenlnrt
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                Another option would be at the very top above the message number there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can read 30 messages on one screen.

                Carl

                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

                > I've tried that option more than once. Doesn't work for me. Yesterdays messages still do not come up but today's do. It's been an off and on problem for several months. Sometimes they appear...sometimes they don't...then later on they do. I don't believe it's my computer. Everthing else is working fine on it. Thanks anyway. Lolly
                >
                > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@> wrote:
                > >
                > > If you read from the TexasCzechs Yahoo Groups site then select "Unwrap Lines" under the "Options" drop down menu for the message you are reading. All the messages should be visible now.
                > >
                > > Carl

              • Laura
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                  Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099, 67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123 do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                  As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they say.

                  Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for you?

                  Thanks, Lolly

                  --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" <carlgenlnrt@...> wrote:

                  > Another option would be at the very top above the message number there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can read 30 messages on one screen.
                  >
                  > Carl
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
                    scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
                    listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
                    amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
                    appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                    fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                    Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.

                    So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
                    months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
                    this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
                    formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
                    Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
                    fully read a posted message.

                    One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                    "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
                    the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
                    you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.

                    Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
                    to be a vexing problem.

                    By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
                    posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
                    website.

                    Mike Hejl

                    --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
                    it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
                    67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
                    do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                    > As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
                    between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
                    say.

                    > Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
                    that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
                    you?

                    > Thanks, Lolly
                    >
                    > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
                    there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
                    read 30 messages on one screen.

                    > > Carl

                  • Robert and Nancy
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                      I suspect that the problem lies somewhere in the group settings on the
                      YahooGroup homepage. YahooGroups may have made some changes to their
                      default group settings that caused this problem. Could one of the
                      moderators check to see if there is something that can be changed to fix the
                      problem?

                      Nancy

                      > Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
                      > scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
                      > listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
                      > amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
                      > appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                      > fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                      > Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.
                      >
                      > So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
                      > months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
                      > this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
                      > formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
                      > Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
                      > fully read a posted message.
                      >
                      > One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                      > "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
                      > the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
                      > you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.
                      >
                      > Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
                      > to be a vexing problem.
                      >
                      > By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
                      > posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
                      > website.
                      >
                      > Mike Hejl
                      >

                      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
                      > it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
                      > 67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
                      > do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                      >> As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
                      > between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
                      > say.
                      >>
                      >> Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
                      > that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
                      > you?
                      >>
                      >> Thanks, Lolly
                      >>
                      >> --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
                      > there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
                      > read 30 messages on one screen.
                      >> >
                      >> > Carl

                    • Rosemary Ermis
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012

                        I use the TexasCzechs website constantly to keep from submitting duplicate obits.  About six weeks ago I noticed that I couldn’t open  my own e-mails from my cvctx.com address.  I can open the ones from previous e-mail addresses prior to our move to Ellinger.

                        There is one thing I’ve been doing.  When I find I have submitted two identical obits, I have been deleting one of them.  Perhaps in doing this, I have affected the website.

                        Please forgive me if it’s my fault.

                        Rosemary

                        Well folks, I Czeched-out all the messages listed by Lolly. Applying a
                        scientific method (off sorts), all but one of the numerous messages
                        listed by Lolly were submitted by Rosemary Ermis (rose.ermis) and are
                        amongst her frequent "obit" postings, which all members should greatly
                        appreciate. The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                        fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                        Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.

                        So, Rosemary, did you change how you were submitting your obits a few
                        months ago, when I first noticed the problem??? Not being an expert at
                        this sort of thing, I can only surmise that there is some sort of
                        formatting problem and it may not even be related to anything that
                        Rosemary has been doing lately, but it is frustrating to not be able to
                        fully read a posted message.

                        One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                        "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see
                        the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then
                        you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.

                        Perhaps one of the moderators can come-up with a solution to what seems
                        to be a vexing problem.

                        By the way, I use a derivative of the Firefox browser to view online
                        posts and I have disabled all ad-blocking programs on the TexasCzechs
                        website.

                        Mike Hejl

                        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura.pilgrim@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks againCarl, but I've tried that before too(and again today) and
                        it doesn't open them either. The following messages, No. 67097, 67099,
                        67101, 67102, 67104, 67110, 67111, 67112, 67113, 67116, 67122, and 67123
                        do not open. (I didn't check any further back than No. 67097).
                        > As you can see, it is an intermitent problem and the messages in
                        between these numbers open just fine. I am just "living with it" as they
                        say.

                        > Wondering if you are having problems with the same numbered messages
                        that I am, Valorie? Or did Carl's suggestions solve the problem for
                        you?

                        > Thanks, Lolly
                        >
                        > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "carlgenlnrt" carlgenlnrt@ wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Another option would be at the very top above the message number
                        there is "Messages: Simplify | Expand". Select "Expand" and you can
                        read 30 messages on one screen.

                        > > Carl

                      • Laura
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 20, 2012
                          Hi Mike,

                          You said,
                          <One thing that can be done to overcome the problem is to click-on
                          "Options" in the message header, and then click-on "View Source" to see the complete message in what I presume is a non-formatted version. Then you will have to scroll down the view the intended body of the message.>

                          That does work, thanks. I do hope the original way of viewing the messages returns to those of us who are experiencing this problem though. I too have felt it has something to do with Yahoo. Like you said, it's a vexing situation, but, Rosemary, we're not blaming you.

                          Mike, you also said,
                          >The one message that Lolly listed as not being able to
                          > fully opened was message # 67104, and that message was posted by
                          > Rosemary. I was able to read that particular message in its entirety.>

                          I apologize for listing #67104 as I am able to read it in its entirety also. I listed those messages in too big of a hurry. Sorry.

                          Lolly