RE: [TexasCzechs] Gerald Josserand

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
      Cullis,

      Thanks for sharing. I have been in contact with Ruth's daughter off and on.

      Matt Cross

      To: texasczechs@yahoogroups.com
      From: FayeLee39@...
      Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:45:46 -0500
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Gerald Josserand

      This is the newspaper article on Gerald Josserand- from the Bay City Tribune.

      Gerald is the son of Royce (deceased) and Ruth Rench.   Ruth is in my family tree on the Pechacek side.

      This is so tragic......

      Cullis

      Bicyclist dies after hit by car
      Heather Menzies | Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:00 am
      A Palacios man was arrested after fleeing the scene of a fatal auto/pedestrian crash that occurred on Farm Road 2853 about seven miles north of Palacios at 12:19 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11.
      Gerald Josserand, 52, of Palacios, was traveling southbound down FM 2853 on a bicycle just in front of a 1993 Toyota Camry driven by Mark Holt, 45, also of Palacios.
      The Camry struck the man on the bicycle and continued traveling to FM 521 at Carl Park.
      Josserand was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston via medical helicopter and died at 10:14 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 12.
      Holt was arrested and charged with intoxication assault by Trooper Dustin Gardner at Carl Park around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11.
      He was booked into Matagorda County Jail.
      The crash is being investigated by Trooper Gardner with assistance from Matagorda County Sheriff’s Office and Palacios Police Depart-ment.