obit: Agnes Soulek Nowotny

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012

      100 years ago (1900) Translator:  Betty Pfeuffer Triesch:

      Agnes Soulek Nowotny, mother of our sheriff, Peter Nowotny, died after a short illness.  She was born in Bohemia.  In 1837, she married Wenzel Nowotny.  They had 10 children.  Four of the children died in Germany.  She with her husband and 4 children came to Texas in 1854.  The burial will take place from Peter's home.  Agnes will be laid to rest in the Catholic cemetery.

      Herald-Zeitung, Friday, June 2, 2000

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis