Re: [TexasCzechs] Fwd: Chechoslovakia

  • Allen Livanec
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
       The Czech word for Moravia is Morava.

      From: Roland Beausoleil <rbeausoleil@...>
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: rbeausoleil@...
      Sent: Thu, November 1, 2012 7:35:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Fwd: Chechoslovakia

      Hi Grandma,

          I'm pretty sure that Maehren is Czech for Moravia which is one of the 2 provinces? of Czechoslovakia, the other being Bohemia. (Note - I'm not sure if Moravia and Bohemia are called provinces or something else).

              Beau

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012

          Dobry den,

        Dekuji pro informace on Moravia.  Leroy Janda would like to have a flyer of the
        state CHS mtg. sent to him.  Would you please  e-mail him one--I sometimes
        mess up on forwarding items.  Dekuji moc,  Robert

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012
          Maehren is the German name for Moravia, the eastern province of the Czech Republic. Silesia is a region in the northeastern part of Moravia.

        • salvarez4@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2012

            A big thanks to everyone